Bali blinds detected but not working

I have some Bali motorized blinds that are zwave compatible. They're plugged in with a power adapter; so no batteries.

I was able to pair it with my hubitat. It showed up as a generic z-wave shades device. However I can't get it to respond to any commands.

Interestingly, when I read the logs it appears to be reporting a battery level of 100. So that's odd. The logs show my commands as well and clearly show communication in both directions since it can report battery.

It's also throwing errors and doesn't appear to understand the commands setPosition or open. Anyone know the correct driver I should use for this or if there's a fix?

1 Like

Since I paired a controller with it while keeping it on the hubitat I've been able to log a few more things. It does report (partially) open and closed but without number values. Not sure if that's relevant.

2 Likes

Dug around and found another post about Somfy shades which use the same controller. They switched it to a dimmer and it worked. Same worked for me.

This does make it a little awkward to tell Google to turn on my blinds though.

1 Like

Exact same problem here, and exactly the same solution. Would really like to get these working as Shades as I have more than 10 of these in the house!

1 Like

Should note; I'm using batteries. So, when using them as a dimmer it doesn't report battery status, which is also inconvenient.

1 Like

About to pull the pin and order a whole house worth of blinds.... mostly roller shades. Considering (strongly) Bali's motorized. Is the dimmer vs shade device definition a real limitation or is it just about alexa and talking to the blinds? I use scenes and rules rather than interacting with them so as long as I can set a position via scene I'm good. (I think)

Any comments or suggestions on where else to look? I'm talking 30+ blinds in either roller shades or honeycomb's.

1 Like

We have 5 of the Bali Z-Wave Shades setup in HE as dimmers.
But with our Amazon Alexa, instead of saying "Turn ON" or "Turn OFF" we have created routines in Alexa.
So when we say the routine "Open all shades", the preset for that routine is to set the dimmer level to 50% for all the shades. And when we say "Close all shades", the preset is to turn the dimmer off for all the shades.

1 Like

Good morning gents,

Got them to work today but experiencing the issue posted on this other thread.

My Bali Binds work great using using this driver: Fibaro roller shutter 3

And I can control them via Google Home integration, found here: [Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

1 Like

I just received my Hubitat and have 4 Bali blinds to pair. I initially set them up as the Generic Z-Wave Dimmer as suggested, but they would not respond. I changed them back to Generic Z-Wave Shade and, weirdly enough, that works for me. Maybe there has been some update or maybe I just got lucky.