Auto rising light

I am trying to figure out how to accomplish a morning routine that sets a group of lights to color temp of daylight and 10% and then over the next 10 minutes gradually increases to 100%.
I created a scene that does this by simply setting the lights to 100 and a 600 second transition period and it works fantastically as long as the lights were at 10% before but over the course of the day they are usually set to 80% so the scene starts there. How do I make this into a switch that commands 10%, then rises. I say switch because I want it addressable by Google home when I do the morning routine.

I sorry if solved my issue. I created a virtual switch. I created a rule for on and told it to set the dimmers to 1% ct 5000k and activate a scene that sets them to 100% with a transition time of 600 seconds.

Is there a better/more elegant way to accomplish this?

Watching the logs, it seems things could get thrown off by command timing as there does not seem to be an enforced order of command execution within the rule. Could the scene be set before the lights were set to 1% and that would cancel the scene?

1 Like

Thanks for the share on that---I saw this thread a few days ago, but never responded with that, for whatever reason.

I recommend the KristopherKubicki version (the one at the bottom of the first post in that thread). I'm working on a new version, but ... other projects have priority for now :slight_smile: