Auto Discovery and Sonos

When I click on LAN Auto Discovery, I'm not getting anything. It just spins forever. I have a bunch of unknown devices, but I doubt there are any hubitat can work with like Roku, and my router, etc... except for one -- Sonos.

uuid:RINCON_7828CAF875C401400_MR
http://192.168.1.103:1400/xml/device_description.xml

It can't find it. If I add it manually, there's no option for me to input the IP address. What would you guys suggest I do?

I'm having a similar issue. I initiate a LAN device discovery and nothing shows up.

It would be great to be able to manually add LAN devices via IP, but I don't see a way to do that either.

Having same issue. Seems we need to use the app on our phone to get it connected?

Wish there was documentation, sifting through all the forum threads is painful

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Sonos_Integration

@mike.maxwell Are there any issues with the IKEA Symphonisk label Sonos speakers with the Hubitat Sonos integrations? I had problems getting them to be discovered. I deleted my current (HE) sonos devices (which are the two now being redisovered), deleted the sonos integration app. Did a soft reset on my hub. Re-installed the built in Sonos App. On discovery I get this.

It's missing the 2 Ikea Symphonisk Sonos speakers that are currently running in my Sonos app on my phone.

The discovery has been running for over 20 minutes and the logs show this.

I did have to switch from the Sonos 1 phone app to the Sonos 2 phone app when adding these. Any idea?

I haven't had any issues discovering them, I have two, and reinstalled the integration in my dev environment recently.

Unverified means the app isn't able to communicate with the discovered speaker.

They wouldn't auto discover at all, been fighting it all day. The app was communicating with my other two sonos labeled speakers, they were discovered almost immediately. The two new symphonisks I couldn't get it to do anything with even though they worked fine from the sonos phone app.

Just now someone pointed me to how to manually add them and now they are included and working.

How did you manually add them I'm running into the same issue with a new Symfonisk bookshelf speaker. Thanks.

First look at your logs and find the device id in the error like below, in my case it was C0A83268
sonos5

Create a virtual device from your devices page. Select Sonos Player as the driver and click save device

Then copy your device ID from that error log and paste into the "Device Network Id" section of your device and click save device.

Then you should be able to click the refresh tab and everything should populate.

3 Likes

Thanks, that worked, it still gives that warning in the logs when trying to discover new Sonos devices but the device worked instantly anyway after saving that new virtual device.

1 Like

It would seem like the Sonos Integration is looking for something specific to identify new Sonos speakers and these Symfonisk speakers send something else.

1 Like

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I have been trying to get my Sonos back attached to HE. I never would have figured it out without your help.

2 Likes

I'm having some issues discovering mine--but it may have to do with being on a 10.xxx.* network.

It might be a cool addition to add a "manual add" capability so we could manually type the IP address and totally skip the scanning if it doesn't work for us. Thoughts?

Thanks

Create a virtual device, assign it the Sonos driver, and then change the device network ID to the IP address of the Sonos speaker (in hexadecimal).

1 Like

And...after you save the updated DNI, do a "Refresh". :slight_smile:

Yeah, there are a BUNCH of thread about this--and the ultimate solution seems to be exactly this. :slight_smile:

Having not been able to use the "app", I wonder what it might do (beyond supply the driver)? IOW, am I missing any functionality because the "scan" didn't find it and install it?

1 Like

Canโ€™t say anything about you, personally :joy:, but your Hubitat Sonos devices arenโ€™t missing any functionality. :grinning:

1 Like

About that...

Start listing all of that and they might need to buy more storage space for the forum. lolol

1 Like