Aurora AOne

Looks like some good news for the UK on the ZigBee side aurora is now making switches lamps and fittings that should work with HE.

Did the installation course today and was really promising for the UK and beyond zigbee product market.

@Robin might be just what you need for your house projects? I was impressed with their price point.
@mike.maxwell from looking at the ST forum they don't seem to have any special DH, so hopefully the generic drivers should do the job. Just need to get some to test and get the fingerprint over to you.

1 Like

Hey @BorrisTheCat did you get these to work with HE? im looking at the Aurora AU-A1GUZBRGBW, and wanted to make sure they work with HE before I buy.

Thanks

i have 2 of these connected they do work. They act a little odd though, they jump though colours when they change. I'm still hoping that a official driver will get done at some point.

1 Like

thanks for sharing! would you get more? and how bad is the colour jumping? im looking at fitting my whole house with these, the missus would throw the tv remote at me if they flashed different colours all the time lol

Planning to, currently nothing out there else to trust so need to give them a go.

Smooth but annoying, I'm tempted to send one to @mike.maxwell but I need it and they have alot on their plates. I also know that there is a firmware update for them soon (might already be out) I'm hoping that might be connected.

I agree with you, the hue is the pricey option. I think I'm going to buy a few and try them out I will let you know how I get on,

I did read somewhere that Aurora was sending some samples over to @mike.maxwell hopefully they can get this sorted.

I'm guessing we will need an ST hub to perform the update?

It is, but I wouldn't mind as long as they worked well, but I get better but similar issues to osram with them. Where as I have never had the auroras not turn on or not go to the value I told it to, it just does some crazy stuff to get there.

Yes from me, I have been talking to them but they have gone cold.

Yes or their own hub.

It's great that they sent a bunch of stuff to the team to create drivers for. Very promising looking gear

1 Like

Looks like they are nice items, but is there any place to buy these online for consumers ? It seems their website is setup for Resellers and wholesalers.

this i correct, but you can still buy from wholesalers alot of them now have websites as well.

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/aurora-au-a1guzbrgbw-5-6w-smart-rgbw-tuneable-gu10?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtLT1BRD9ARIsAMH3BtVIps9J1vi1FDMmiYZlqDfohvV_724KLtW5_KCh3McCD2DzI_GN2TUaAjrpEALw_wcB

1 Like

Did this ever get anywhere

I have 3 lamps that work but act a little crazy cycling through colours also the colour tunable uses the RGB LED's and looks strange in normal operation

@mike.maxwell mentioned they are working on new lamps drivers for 2.2.5 :+1:

1 Like