Audio Notification Options

I recently moved from ST over to Hubitat and have been a fan so far. However, I am trying to figure out how I might be able to get sound (mp3 snippets) to play on certain events. I would like to be able to write a rule to play a beep or bloop when a certain contact sensor is triggered at certain times of the day. I have a house full of google assistants and some wifi Sony R1 speakers. I was able to accomplish this on the Sony devices using Webcore before, but now am stumped. I'm sure there is something someone could suggest.

Thanks,
Scott

For Alexa I use this custom command to get a chime on all doors: playAnnouncement('" "',80,60)

Have you tried the built-in Chromecast integration for your Google Assistant devices?

Do you not always have to re-authenticate to refressh your token or cookie?

There are ways around that. I use @ogiewon's AlexaTTS app and the AlexaCookie nodejs service. The AlexaCookie service automatically refreshes the cookie periodically and has yet to fail at all.

If you have a server available (RPi, spare PC, always-on PC, etc), you can setup the AlexaCookie service in about 5 minutes.

Okay awesome!

Yeah I have an esxi server and a home automation server running homebridge I can use.

1 Like

There ya go! Enjoy!

I just did something similar with my Sonos Speakers, couldn't get it to work with my echo devices, so I'm not sure about GA. I used the "playTrack" command and pointed the URL for the MP3 to a local server. Works flawlessly. I would assume the R1's have a similar playTrack functionality. Good Luck!

1 Like

Check out Cast-web-API. This combined with @Cobra's MP3 event player might be just what you are looking for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.