AU/NZ Deals

From what I can see it reports a "live" power reading, though it would appear you may need to setup some more frequent polling. But I can't see any details of overall usage. Perhaps Samsung do that in their software if it is available there...

Yeah, might need to do some sort of calc elsewhere, not sure...

Ive dond the same, but mainly to notify on alexa washing is done. So im hoping to use the power monitoring.. yet to set it up

1 Like

Yeah you basically need to measure time between power reporting changes and then calc the energy use over that period and sum it up. I have a nodemcu running something like that to monitor usage at the main power meter.

1 Like

I have a TP-Link one plugged into my washing machine and the monitoring app works quite well with it, though it can be a little bit of a lag at times but I've never looked into where...and it doesn't really bother me in that situation.

Based on some preliminary use of the plugs like I mentioned in another post, you may want to setup some more frequent refreshing of the devices on HE, updates to the power and status seemed to be done about every two minutes I think.

1 Like

The mesh on these is epic, I’ve noticed a huge improvement in latency!

I’ve done this but using Aeotec zwave plugs - it works great with the “Better Laundry Monitor” app.

2 Likes

The Nue graveyard, plus my spare ST Plug. :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow, I thought my tp-link ones were big.

They are actually about the same size as those (at least the ones I had a couple of years ago), not small at all tho.

I kept refreshing the page all day after the plugs sold out and managed to order 2 as it briefly popped back. This one has been shipped (woot!) .... but my earlier order of multipurpose sensors is still 'processing' :thinking:

1 Like

If you missed out on the Samsung plugs, OfficeWorks have the TP-Link one's with Enery monitoring on special for $27:

Though most stores are showing "limited stock", at least close to me.

Are those supported on Hubitat? Aren’t they Wifi units?

They are wifi and not natively supported, i.e. there's no built in driver, but there is a community driver / app that can integrate with the kasa platform or connect directly to the devices for local control, though it looks like a firmware upgrade may stop the local control option now. I still have them connected to the cloud.

1 Like

I've just been using the kogan ones flashed with tasmota. I usually get when they're around 10 bucks a piece (after discount/cashback offers). Had them for over a year now no issues. Plus they double up as USB charger as well

1 Like

SmartHome and OzSmartThings have Black Friday sales on until Monday 30th Nov.

SmartHome SmartHome - BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Fibaro - 15% off
Aeotec - Buy 2, get 1 free

OzSmartThings Black Friday | Oz Smart Things Smart Home Automation
Fibaro - 10% off some, buy 5 get 1 free on others
Broadlink - Buy a Broadlink RM4 Mini, get a Broadlink RM Temperature Sensor free
Shelly - Buy 10 get 2 free.

I now have enough Aeotec Nano Dimmers and Nano Switches to do nearly every switch in the house.

1 Like

The ST MP sensors are rock solid compared to my xiaomi ones :grin:. With the secondary benefit of being able to detect glass breakage. Totally worthwhile spend to replace all the problematic ones.

2 Likes

I've never bothered with xiaomi gear because it apparently doesn't implement the zigbee spec fully.

1 Like

I have found the same. I replaced 16 of my contact/temp sensors with the ST ones. All seems to be OK. My problem Xiaomi motion and temp/humidity sensors are still dropping off regularly. What cost-effective, Zigbee replacements would people recommend?

But they were the cheapest (and smallest) at the time. In fact I'm actually going to keep using the xiaomi magnets because the ST ones are too large and strong.

1 Like

The ST one works great on my mailbox! :laughing:

For doors I use the recessed Aeotec zwave contact sensors as they install in the door and frame and are effectively invisible. So high WAF.