Attribute Tile value disappears

I will fix this but is this likely to be causing the attribute problem or unrelated? I'm even more confused by this as the maths/logic part of the code has been working perfectly.

I've fixed my device code math bug, but the attribute thermostatOperatingState is still unable to survive a refresh. My custom version of it, TstatOpState, that is specifically declared and then set exactly the same, and in adjacent lines of code to, thermostatOperatingState, behaves perfectly. I'll get on my PC later and have a look at the JavaScript console.

When you say survive a refresh, do you mean a reload of the browser or changing the state of the variable?

Reload the browser.

All the attribute tile does is grab the devices object at that attribute name and display it. I'm at a loss why it doesn't work for you. If its in that devices json object on initial load of the page, then it should just work.

I'm on my PC with the javascript console open. On the network tab I can see a list of names on the left that includes layout and devices and a load of other stuff . If I click on devices I get a list of all the devices I have loaded onto all my dashboards (as far as I can tell). The Heating Thermostat entry is

{id: 291, label: "Heating Thermostat",…}

should that have values in it instead of the "..." , or am I not even looking in the right place? I have never delved as deep as this on a browser so will need an idiots guide to get the info that you need!

Having said that, my device is actually working fine now, and the boiler switch works correctly based on the state of themostatOperatingState even if it doesn't display properly on the dashboard for me, so I feel guilty taking up any more of your valuable time, unless you want to work out what is going on anyway, in which case I'm happy to delve further.

No worries, if you are satisfied with your solution, I'm good.

I'm happy to leave it as one of technology's little mysteries.

It's not causing me a problem and we could spend forever chasing it down for no great benefit.

1 Like

Yeah, I'm sure it will surface again some day. Hate not being able to solve it but on to other things.