Ask questions anonymously

Users who don't feel comfortable engaging or asking a question, can enable the anonymous mode and post questions in the Ask us anything category to receive advice from Hubitat staff and active users.

When the anonymous mode is enabled, a new account is created each time, so that other users don’t have visibility of who the user is.

To enable the anonymous mode select Preferences in the upper right menu, then select Enter Anonymous Mode

Enter_Anonym

To disable the anonymous mode select Preferences in the upper right menu, then select Exit Anonymous Mode

exit_anonym

6 Likes

I feel like this could be very bad...

1 Like

Not any worse than someone creating a bogus account. We have received emails from customers who are not comfortable posting questions in the community, so we are trying to encourage them to do so anonymously, if they so desire.

3 Likes

Be prepared...I will be asking all my "dumb questions," including:

• How do I set up anonymous mode?
  • How to I disable anonymous mode?
  • Couldn't I just wear a mask when I post?
7 Likes

Should've enabled anonymous mode before posting :wink:

4 Likes

Here is an anonymous post! Just testing…

Wonder if it gives me a new number every time? I wanted to be number 1.

:angry:

We can probably read some of these and figure out who they are by their sentence structure and use of gifs or smileys.

So Rick, you can't post your silly memes as anon, we will be onto you ASAP.

4 Likes

LOL it gave me an award for posting for the first time!

2 Likes

And an anonymous reply. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Too late ...

1 Like

Yes, each anonymous account is temporary while the user remains in the anonymous mode. The next time the mode is enabled, a new temporary account is created.

1 Like

Lets try that out.

1 Like

Hmm, I think it must be my login session keeping that anon number. Not logging out to try it though, I haven't logged out of the forums in probably a year!

1 Like

When I first saw this feature, I was reminded of a passive/aggressive former user who's style always gave him away each time he returned with a new user name.

Slightly exaggerated example- "Did you not read my response above? I don't do this for my health. If you don't want to listen to what I'm telling you, then don't ask questions. I'm done! Best of luck! Oh. One more thing, a vibration sensor on you dryer will not work because your wife snores too loud. Good Day!"

8 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

2 Likes

Nice try, but you have to enable the anon feature first!

One of my favorite movies of all times by the way...

3 Likes

2 Likes

Good old days :rofl:

7 Likes

Download the Hubitat app