Arlo integration

I'm migrating all my devices from SmartThings to Hubitat. One of the last remaining things are my three Arlo cameras. For my purpose I just need them to report motion events so they can turn on my outside lights. The only way that I could find to integrate these cameras was through an Amazon routine or ifttt. This seems like a bit of a hack. I was wondering if anyone had any better ways to integrate Arlo to Hubitat.

The problem is Hubitat doesn't integrate with them at all. You need something like alexa or Smartthings to act as a intermediary.

I use Hubithings Replica to replicate the arlo states from Smartthings. It works fairly well and it uses the Smartthings API so no worry of support going away

1 Like

I use the Amazon routine route. I still have my ST account and the only devices I still have on there are the cameras. I actually replaced the Arlo cameras about 6 months ago at the house, and moved them to my shop. I still have the old Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras, which according to Arlo were to be start there EOL cycle as of July 1st and lose the 7 day free cloud storage, but they then extended it to next year. I can store the recording on the Arlo base station, but for now I can still view the cloud recordings.

You don't have to have the ST hub running and it has worked well for me for quite some time now.