Aren't Hubitat devices (switches, lights, etc) supposed to function as triggers in Alexa Routines?

Just a couple of questions:

1. Did you delete the Alexa app on your hub or tablet?

If tablet/phone, iOS or Android?

Sorry, should have mentioned that. Android. And yes, I uninstalled the app after deleting the app cache and data.

Sigh, still won't do a simple hello world when my virtual contact opened. It sees the contact change, just won't play the routine.

I had the exact same problem initially. IIRC, I had to disable the Hubitat Skill in the Alexa App, remove the “Amazon Echo Skill” from my Hubitat hub, and start over from scratch. Afterwards, my motion and contact sensors started working correctly to trigger Alexa Routines.

4 Likes

Ah, I’m iOS. That makes sense why i’ve never seen that before

1 Like

Ok, I found that if I didn’t install the Alexa app on my hub, and only installed the hubitat skill in the Alexa app on my tablet, it works! I have working routines! Thank you!

4 Likes

Dan do you remember if you ended up with duplicate devices in the Alexa app after starting over?

I am pretty sure I removed all of the Hubitat devices from Alexa after I disabled the skill. I was going for a clean start.

2 Likes