Are indefinitely cycling switches possible?

Hey all, I have a zwave thermostat that only has a fan "on" and "auto" options. A lot of thermostats i have used before came with a "cycle" option that basically when selected turns the fan on for 15 min and then off for 15 min, and keeps cycling it indefinitely as long as the "cycle" mode is selected.
On my thermostat the "on" option runs it all the time. The "auto" option only turns it on when either heater or AC is running.
Is it possible to create a rule that when a virtual switch is turned to "on", it will imitate a cycle mode by turning the fan on and off every 15 min or how ever long the timer is predefined? And for this to run indefinitely until the virtual switch is turned back to "off".

1 Like

Rule Machine example. Would start on 0 of every hour and run for 15 minutes, then flip back to auto. If the virtual switch is off, it would not trigger.

3 Likes

Wouldn't you need the trigger to be both 0 minutes and 30 minutes to do what the OP requested?

Yes I suppose you would, I was thinking running it for 15 minutes once an hour (which is what I do as a built in setting on my nest).

This looks like it will work, I'll have to try this latter. Thanks for a quick reply.