Architecture to solve not all lights turning off

Are you using the "on/off optimization" in your Group?

Just discovered this app.

It is great!

I am using the 200 millisecond delay and it seems to have solved all of my "all lights on/off" issues.

I don't think that I completely understand this screen.

@Dean- I've not had "On/Off optimization" turned on.

@Hal3 - I started using groups with a delay since @Dean suggested it in this thread. I'm at 175ms. I've been creeping up to 200ms since it seems to work for most. I want to see what the delay has to be.

I continue to have the same issue when trying to turn off all lights. Inevitably one or two remain on. I have all the switches in a group with a 200ms delay between each. I have a rule that flips the switch to turn all lights off and then interrogates every switch to make sure they're off. It will repeat this process until all lights are off and it times out after three minutes. Inevitably one or two lights still remain on.

Does anyone have a good solution for this? If a switch remains on after the program runs, all I have to do is go into devices and turn the light off... so it's not a problem with the z-wave mesh as far as I can tell. Is there not an app available that can do what I described above? But perhaps do it better... The process is so taxing on the hub that I have to have one hub entirely dedicated to lights and even then it doesn't work perfectly.

I've had the same issue and a similar set up of Z-Wave lighting Embrighten with 250ms delay. I've seen improvements in the latest firmware updates. I can also attribute some improvement by being careful to eliminate more than one app triggering the same lights at the same time. Since I have 80 or so controls I really have found myself duplicating actions on some switches. I'm in the process of rewriting my apps to eliminate these possible conflicts.

See this app in our public repo:

3 Likes

I just installed this app (All Off) and tested it. It worked perfectly the first time I tried. Off to a good start. Thank you for sharing this!

2 Likes

The All Off app is intriguing to me. But I have a couple of switches that I want to remain on. For example, my porch lights are Hue bulbs and I have the bulb turn off, but leave the physical porch switch on. This porch switch is z-wave and is set to turn on in the event that someone turns it off, but if All Off could omit/exclude certain switches/outlets, then I'm all in to use it.

"All Off" only refers the switches you select in the app -- it's a bit of a misnomer in one sense. It will turn all of those selected switches off, even if it takes multiple attempts to do so.

6 Likes

NICE! Thank you. This will make my All Off rule SO much easier to manage.