Aqara (Xiaomi) temperature and humidity sensor

Do you have Zigbee repeaters that are known to work with Aqara/Mijia devices? It's crucial to keeping them connected. I have 2 of those same sensors and I keep them near a Ikea TRÅDFRI outlet to keep them on my mesh.

2 Likes

I have a number of Zigbee devices that I believe would act as repeaters. I even have an Aqara Contact Sensor which is operating fine in the same room as the Temp/Humidity sensor . The other strange thing is that the sensor was fully functional until a couple of days ago.

Before I had the Ikea repeaters, my Aqara devices would stay paired for few days to a few weeks, and then randomly drop. It's not just any repeaters, but specific ones that are known to work. See that thread.

1 Like

swap the battery if you have one - my aquara acted up and the battery was reporting at 70 so DW status said it was okay. I swapped battery - that was 5 months ago and zero issues with that device since.

@birdslikewires Hi. an issue or two to report.
While debugging my HE (c7) today - one device I have problems with since the spat of zigbee issues is an aquara sensor in my main shower.
Debugging - I found 'library' in the libraries code returned a '404'. the xiaomi library returned content. A refresh of the page gave me a result. I was able to repeat this but can't see a cause.
Ignoring the wierd library problem - On the device screen I use a simple label. I copy that label to Name and save. All is fine.
I hit configure and save preferences and the Device Name reverts to 'Xiaomi Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor WSDCGQ11LM'. I believe this is unwanted behavior.
Feature request - I feel a false (off) value of debug or trace bool should generate a loginfo event but not a logdebug or logtrace. I use debug and trace for notifications and this causes my application to report a problem that isn't there. Can you set an if/else around line 640 of the library?

I'm sorry, I don't really follow this, and from what I do follow I wouldn't make a specific driver change based on a personal preference. But you can make any change yourself and keep your own copy of the driver, no problem.

3 Likes

Okay- so - irony. I modded your driver as you suggested, fixed the Device Name problem, and modified the libraries as well.
Now the Irony. I was doing the programming work at my desk in my office, then I was very pleased and went to put it back in the shower I monitor. And I dropped it. Of course the shower was wet and the damn thing fried. Un-fricken-believable.
So, went on amazon and found a little deal on some 3rd Reality items and bought two. If Hubitat HE is pictured, I can't go wrong. right? I like the AAA batteries, and I can delete the rule where I ask Alexa to tell me what value Humidity is reporting since it has a display! Sort of excited. I've been trying to keep that aquara going for a while now - glad to be rid of it.