Aqara Vibration Sensor (Zigbee) - compatible?

Has anyone got this working? I've tried a few drivers but no luck yet

I'm looking to use these as tilt sensors (btw)

Yes

Zigbee - Aqara Vibration Sensor by markus

On my letterbox

Here you go:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/veeceeoh/xiaomi-hubitat/master/devicedrivers/xiaomi-aqara-vibration-sensor-hubitat.src/xiaomi-aqara-vibration-sensor-hubitat.groovy

2 Likes

Does anyone have a feel for how sensitive these are? For instance if I put one on my garage door (overhead multi panel single door) would/could movement from the wind set it off?

Very unlikely. However, the sensitivity is adjustable.

As with all Aqara sensors (except the newer zigbee 3.0 ones), bear in mind that keeping this sensor paired stably requires that all repeaters/routers be Aqara-compatible.

Its interesting, I have 3 temperature and 2 water sensors all Aqara. One of the temperature sensors is outside. I've never hand an issue with any of them. The outside sensor has been there close to 2 years.

I only have 2 possible repeaters, both are CC2530 boards.

Perhaps I'm just lucky.

The wind never set them off for me. The sensitivity can be adjusted.

However, I just swapped mine out for some ecolink garage door tilt sensors. So much better and much more reliable. Even though they cost a bit more. It was worth the switch.

These are Aqara compatible!

I have two on garage, up and over, doors, and not had an issue, I get notification of door movement.

I had hoped the tilt would be able to indicate vertical/horizontal status, but alas all I can get is movement.

I purchased an Aqara water leak sensor and an Aqara vibration sensor. The water leak sensor worked from the start. I could not get the vibration sensor to complete the pairing process. I had two Smartthings/Centralite zigbee plugs and two newer Centralite 4200-C plugs. Apparently, they are not compatible as repeaters of the non-standard Aqara signals.

I replaced the plugs with four LUNTAK Zigbee 3.0 plugs. They pair as eWeLink smartplugs. There are other brands that seem to be similar. They have solid links with the hub and with each other as repeaters. The Aqara devices also seem to function normally, although I have only had them connected a few hours at this point. Only time will tell if they are stable, but getting the vibration sensor to report activity is a good sign.

On something as important as garage doors, however, I would be hesitant to trust Aqara vibration/tilt sensors. I have successfully used the Smartthings multisensors (Zigbee). I now use Ecolink Z-wave garage door tilt sensors. They are working reliably.

To insure a good signal connection I also installed a Z-wave repeater near the ceiling of the garage so the RF won't be affected by metal car parts. I had to use an extension cord to reach from the power outlet to my desired repeater location.

If your garage doors have hinged panels, be sure to mount your sensors on the topmost panel. That is the one that will tile first when opening the door and the last one to become vertical when closing the door. Also, putting it up high minimizes interference issues whether you end up with Aqara, standard Zigbee or Z-wave devices.

My combined driver works with these, but it doesn't necessarily expose all of the attributes. YMMV:

2 Likes

I have not been able to get it (vibration sensor) to initialize. It discovered fine but then can't finish initializing.
I just received four Aqara devices. They look and sound amazing. The motion sensor connected without a hitch as did the water leak sensor. The temp/humidity sensor took a few attempts but the vibration sensor has some personal beef against me and so far, I've not been able to resolve it. I have installed drivers (from you wonderful people) for the temp, motion and leak sensors but have not seen one specific to the vibration sensor.
UPDATE: You guys ROCK!
If I wasn't so impatient (and sometimes quick to ask for help) I would have paid more attention to the driver listed above by aaiyar.

My friend you have helped me more than once. That driver did the trick.
THANK YOU all so much!

2 Likes