Aqara T1M

Hello,
I recently got a new Aqara T1M. Out of the box Aqara doesn’t state Hubitat compatibility. But Aqara doesn’t advertise compatibility for many other of its Zigbee devices, which I’m using without issue.

It paired via zigbee just fine, but I’ve gotten no where a driver. It is effectively a two lights in one with both the standard white light but also the light ring.

Anyone gotten anywhere with a driver for this? Short of adding an Aqara hub to my environment, anyone got any other suggestions?

Get the cheapest Aqara Zigbee hub (E1) and bring it to Hubitat via Matter bridge.

1 Like

Did you ever figure it out? I'm looking to buy one, but want to make sure it'll play nice.

Per my knowledge - no dedicated custom driver exists for Aqara T1M

I think there is a very good chance to make it work locally via Matter Bridge - just add the cheapest Aqara E1 hub.

I haven't been able to find one, either. I need to check if the E1 supports matter yet. They might've added support. A few months back it wasn't yet upgraded to matter so it required buying a ~$70 Aqara hub instead of a $30 one.

It stinks... this light is unique, not much like it. But Aqara sucks with their proprietary zigbee.

I got the T1M, and the E1 Hub. Using the 'Matter Advanced Bridge' from HPM, I was able to bring the E1 into Hubitat:

Follow the Install directions changing the driver for the E1 to the 'Matter Advanced Bridge', then initialize and discover, and the T1M will come in as two devices. I changed the Ring to Generic Component RGB, and the Main light I left as Generic Component RGB.

I'm up for any guidance you all have to improve that setup. But right now I can do some basic stuff with it. None of the animations from the app seem to be published in Matter from what I've read online, which kind of stinks, but that's not an HE issue.

1 Like