Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

I also can't make them work. My shades are model RSD-M01.

Paring went fine. Was able to pair them on first try.

I've tried drivers 1.0.2.1123, v1.0.2.1123B and the Generic Shade driver. And nothing happens when I press Open/Close.

You need version v1.0.2.1123x which can be found in post number 16 above. Works well enough for me. See my notes in post 36 for details of how I got mine working.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you guided on your post put it didn't work.

Nothing happened from device page, dashboard or from automation.

On the logs I get this "Unhandled Event" -warning.

I also get all those warnings in the logs.
What happens if you use the "Set Level" option in the device settings. Try setting to both 97 and 0. Enter the number under "Level" leaving the "Duration" blank and then press the "Set Level" button. Try different numbers between 0 and 97.

No goal so far.

I tried diffrent levels, but nothing happened. Should it work just by pressing open/close?

Here's screenshots from one device's info:

Screenshot_20230320-072503

@mikkomattip
This is a well-known Hubitat platform "F2" problem with some newer Zigbee 3.0 devices.
I have implemented a patch for the Zemismart Zigbee Blinds driver (use the "forcedTS130F" option in the Advanced settings), but I don't know if it will work for Aqara shades or not.

As this thread is on Aqara Roller Shades, you can send me a DP to check it.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your message!

I'll try that in a few hours.

Just to make sure, you mean this one: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amosyuen/hubitat-zemismart-zigbee/development/Zemismart%20Zigbee%20Blind.groovy

And from there: Force TS130F Model * Force TS130F model if Data section shows endpointId: F2

1 Like

You don't seem to be using the same driver as me. You need the driver version that ends in "x". This is the only driver version I've found that works.

Use this link to get the correct driver

I don't think this driver will help in cases like @mikkomattip has, when Markus has written this driver, the 'F2' problem did not exist (or at least was not mentioned by anyone) at that time ...

Yes I do. Somehow the device isn't showing the "X".

Unfortunately your patch didn't work.

Still the same thing. Nothing happens when I push the buttons or change levels etc.

I had similar issues with the E1.

I eventually setup zigbee2MQTT and an MQTT Broker and use that for the E1 devices, I am using 12 of them.

In the end I moved all zigbee devices to zigbee2MQTT and have not looked back since.

I use HE to manage zwave devices, including door locks, smoke detectors etc and run Node Red to manage everything, the Hubitat NR node makes things really easy.

Wish I had done this years ago, everything zigbee is so much easier, it has supported everything so far.

1 Like

I'm not convinced you have the correct driver configured for the device. In the device settings change the driver to a generic driver and save settings. Then change the drive back to the one you want and save the settings again. It'll only take a minute to try and you never know. It just seems odd that the driver version isn't showing correctly, makes me think it hasn't been applied fully or correctly.
All 4 of my devices work perfectly using the "set level" method as long as I select anything between 0 & 97 so I don't understand why yours don't.

I deleted the installed driver, set devices driver to generic, re-installed the correct driver but still no.

Still after that it is v1.0.2.1123 without the X.

I can't test the shade now because it is on my kid's room.

I started with HomeAssistant but because of lack of time and coding experiment it was too hard for me.

HE has been a good choice for few years now. Some issues now and then but this community has been a great help.

Until your device is not properly paired to HE hub, showing endpointID different than the Green Power cluster F2, it will not work in Hubitat.

Your device is different than the others mentioned in this thread. It is a newer version and Hubitat has a problem with it, not recognizing and not recording the correct endpointId during the pairing process.

Changing drivers will not help, any driver which is using the standard Hubitat zigbee functions will do nothing when sending the commands to the wrong endpointId F2.

Thank you for clearing that out.

Well, that sounds pretty bad for me, doesn't it. Is there anything I can do?

If you have more Aqara stuff, the best investment in time and effort would be to set up a Home Assistant server, as proposed by @habitat . This guarantees that everything that is possible to be used outside of Aqara proprietary hub, will be available for local control from Home Assistant ( either the built-in ZHA or MQTT Zigbee services). Then, it is easy to use the Home Assistant bridge to bring all your Aqara devices to Hubitat and use the much easier and much powerful automations here.

The alternative is to wait for Hubitat to fix this F2 bug, but as this does not affect any of the HE officially supported Zigbee devices (yet!), I don't think it will become a priority any soon.

Well errrr…..

I said zigbee2MQTT, MQTT Broker and Node Red, I see no point adding in Home Assistant at this stage :slight_smile:

I am using Hue for lights and motion sensors to keep the lighting autonomous, Homey Pro for running Eufy Cameras, Eufy vacuums, Zappi, Harvi, Tado, Harmony, LG Tv, and a few other things, Hubitat runs zwave devices, smoke detectors/door locks, Victron Cerbo to relay battery, energy consumption.

They all end up Node Red, some direct as Nodes, the rest through MQTT.

It has been frustrating, annoying and an absolute blast to do, getting a kick out of this that I have felt for 20 years doing this……. :slight_smile:

Well, I said 'Home Assistant' because there are ready to flash SD-cards and it is very easy to setup using the pre-installed SD card images.

Do you know of a similar easy-to-install server w/ graphical interface that runs only zigbee2MQTT, MQTT Broker and Node Red? Something easy to install on a Raspberry Pi without the need to know any Linux magics and spells?