Aqara now available on Amazon

Aqara now available on Amazon

Also you can use coupon code AQARA003 for 20% off.

The prices seem more than Aliexpress and other places but the flip side is you can get it the next day.

Sorry, but I just don’t see the ROI on these devices compared to say ST sensors.
Yeah they’re cheap but they come with a lot of baggage in terms of the extra care required and extra time and extra hubs needed to get or keep your mesh working.
Ok, I’m just a lazy guy. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

At the prices being charged on Amazon for the devices, I have to agree.

That said, I never would have otherwise been able to afford so many devices to put together a home automation set up if it weren't for Xiaomi / Aqara devices shipped direct from China for free (and Sengled smart bulbs.)

5 Likes

Nice that you can now get it with a North American plug. The version I have is with a Chinese plug. Still, surprised not to see the M2 hub launched today. That is what I was expecting.

1 Like

Same here. Along with the zigbee 3.0 compliant T1 sensors. They've been in beta testing since early August.

2 Likes

Been waiting on this for a while as well. But if they have the aqara available in canada I would have grabbed a few more. I need a couple more motion sensors. Might just order from gearbest.

1 Like

Me too. The last article I read said after beta testing they were hoping for an immediate, mainland China, release. :-1:

1 Like

Maybe the beta testing didn't go so well for them. LOL

3 Likes

Either that or there's bucket loads of old stock to sell. The prices on Gearbest and AliExpress over the last six months have declined somewhat.

3 Likes

Looks like they’ve decided to debut it as Mijia Smart Gateway first. Their version of a soft launch I suppose.

It’s available for order:

https://m.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Mijia-Smart-Multimode-Gateway-WIFI-ZigBee3_0-WiFi-BluetoothBluetooth-Mesh-Work-With-Mijia-APP-Intelligent-Home-Hub-IOS-Homekit-From-Xiaomi-Youpin-p-1612737.html?rmmds=search#popupStateshare

1 Like

I’ve recently cured my Xiaomi woes by buying their hub, and using Mi Connector. Contacts, wireless switches and no neutral switches all playing nicely with HE and fast. Very happy now.

But would I do it again? Probably not, but I do like their kit.

3 Likes

Was it pretty straight forward porting it over from ST?

1 Like

I'm guessing @Royski is leaving Mi Connector on his ST hub, and using HubConnect to bring it into Hubitat.

No, it’s on HE no cloud here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@fison67 ported it himself :+1:

I now have switches which have great WAF and the rest of the Xiaomi kit is on its own hub, pretty much like Hub Connect speed wise.

3 Likes

@Royski

Hot damn! Where's the code, Roy?

That's terrific!

2 Likes

So, did you use HubConnect to connect your HE to that MI (Aqara- Zigbee) hub?

I’ll dig it out and post, but there are a couple of prerequisites. The Xiaomi hub has to be a certain model, and you need a PI or Docker to run the Mi Connect.

It’s gone 2am here, but promise I’ll post in the morning :+1:

4 Likes

No Hub Connect, just the Xiaomi hub, Mi Connector on a PI or Docker, and patience lol.

3 Likes

Created a separate post with all the details as promised :slight_smile:

3 Likes