Aqara Motion Sensors going to sleep

Hi

I know there are a lot of conversations about channels and about using Zigbee repeaters, and maybe they are the answer, I'm not sure, but I'm new to this and I've purchased 3x Aqara Motion Sensors and I'm having repeat problems where 2 of them are continuously going to sleep and the other one remains active all the time. I don't understand why they would be behaving differently.

It doesn't seem to be a location issue, because if I move them around the problem stays with the same two and I've even moved the HE to a more central location in the house with no impact.

I have turned off all 2.4ghz WiFi at home, and am now only running 5ghz. I've also done a check for networks around me and nothing seems to be close to interfering with the Zigbee channel I've got selected.

I'm using a driver I found in the forums for the Xiaomi Original Motion Sensor.

Am I missing something? I feel as though there should be a command that I can send periodically to wake the sensors up.

I have removed and re-paired the sensors numerous times as well.

I'm at a loss. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

What other zigbee repeaters devices you have? Your issue is normal if you have incompatible repeaters.

You should read a lot here

Did you tried mesh healing by turning off the zigbee radio for 20 minutes?

1 Like

I don’t have any repeaters. The only Zigbee devices I have are 2 Aurora AOne dimmers, 3 motion sensors (mentioned above) and 1 Sengled bulb.

I did not know about Zigbee healing. I’ll give that a try thank you.

1 Like

I turned Zigbee off for a few hours overnight and turned it back on - and the two sensors are still not working sadly.

For some reason, they need repeaters!
I'm not sure why, but even though they pair with the Hub, they must have repeaters.
The least expensive repeaters that I know of, (that work in this case) are the IKEA repeaters.
$10 (Can) placed strategically (between the devices and the hub), is your ticket.
Max of 6 sensors per repeater.
Also use:

1. http://hub-ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo for basic route info\
  2. use Device Watchdog with a time of 1 hour (to see automatically if your devices have dropped)

I had 1 aqara motion sensor that would work intermittently. Maybe 80% of the time. I installed the driver version 0.8.0 and it's been working flawlessly since.
Driver Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor

Excited now to try this because I too have had a few issues recently, particularly after adding some IKEA Tradfri repeaters!

Just switched to this driver for the same reason, is this something to be concerned with:

"groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_veeceeoh_Xiaomi_Aqara_Motion_Sensor_413.recoveryEvent() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (recoveryEvent)"

Which driver were you using previously?

Currently, the only maintained user driver for Xiaomi devices is @chirpy's driver:

1 Like

I was using this:
Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara Motion Sensor Version v1.0.1.1123 by Oh-labs

I switched to:
Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor Version 0.8.0 by Version 0.8.0

But you are saying this one is the most current:
Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches v0.13 by waytotheweb

Is there a single place most users can look at for the most update to date drivers?

I ask because I specifically used the one listed here first:

While I am enjoying my migration from ST to Hubitat, I find the documentation very scattered and hard to follow, unless I seem to be looking in the wrong places.

That link is to a Wiki - that anyone can edit/update. Here's the situation as I understand it:

1. @veeceeoh stopped maintaining his drivers in February of 2020.
  2. The oh-la labs drivers are supported on their own website. I do not know if they are maintained anymore.
  3. Currently, @chirpy's driver is the only one that I am certain is being actively maintained.
1 Like

Ok, thank you !

1 Like