Aqara Motion sensor and more

Oh, I see, clear. By doing this you can by-pass its normal operation.
So it is functional anyway, good point. Thanks for the clarification.

Probably I will proceed with that, very cheap and looks good quality.

Yes, good quality, great design, small size, easy to install and the battery lasts a couple of years.

We need to recognize that Aqara’s implementation of Zigbee makes them sometime loose the link with the mesh, making them not reliable to some. But with compatible Zigbee repeaters (like IKEA’s) they become rock solid (in my own experience).

1 Like

It doesn't say Zigbee 3.0 anywhere in the ad, it won't work.

How does it work the mesh in this case? The Aqara must be connected directly to the Ikea repeater and NOT to HE?
And is it possible to force this condition or is it automatically depending on the distance?

The Zigbee mesh is managed automatically by the devices. I do not know that routing can be forced through user commands.

When a Zigbee device fails to communicate, then it enters in reroute mode and looks for an alternative path to reach te hub.

Recommendation is to pair (“to discover”) the devices close to the hub, and then move them to their final location, where if they cannot reach the hub they will find a repeater to do so.

I normally do not do so. Having a stable network of Zigbee repeaters, I pair new devices at their final location, that allows (forces) them to connect through the required repeaters from the first moment. This works great for me.

2 Likes

Just bought 2 of them :slight_smile:
Could you send me a screenshot of your routine to do that trigger, please?

Motion triggers
If Luminance < X turn on lights

This one done with Simple Automation Rule.

Turns a corridor light for two minutes, only by night, when dark, and if the main light is not on.