Aqara M2 Matter Firmware Update

Received this just now. I think I’m at my Beta limit for the time being.

Click the update button. You know you want to!

Oh I clicked it.......but that's as far as I'm going for the time being.

I don't currently run any devices on that hub. Only used for firmware updates to Aqara devices so far. Based on what I have read from people far smarter than me on the trials and tribulations of getting Matter implemented, I'll stay on the sidelines for a while.

Quick question - Does the Aquara hub allow non-Aquara Zigbee devices, or its it really just for Aquara brand stuff?

Good question. I haven't attempted to pair anything non-Aqara, but will give it a shot in the next day or so and let you know.

1 Like

Sorry it’s taken longer to check than I initially thought it would.

It doesn’t appear you’re able to pair non-Aqara devices to this hub. When adding a device you get a screen with icons for the various Aqara devices, and when trying to pair non-Aqara devices nothing happens.

Thanks for checking!

1 Like

So we can connect the Aqara M2 Hub to HE, just need drives to support the device to HE..

Anybody know about creating the driver yet ?

Thank you in advance.... :slight_smile: :smile:

What device types you have connected to your Aqara M2 hub?

1 Like

Hello KKossev,

Just got back in town and sorry for the late response.

The only thing I use the Aqara Hub is for the Pet feeder at this time. I was hoping to have the device managed by HE. I had to buy the Aqara M2 hub to maintain and manage the Pet feeder.

Since I invested in the Aqara M2 hub I was hoping to find other devices to run and manage within the HE environment.

Thank you in advance :smile:

1 Like