Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors

Those recommendations you found are common for all Xiaomi devices across the board, be they Aqara or Mijia branded. The only ones that act differently are the Aqara Opple devices. They are not developed by Shenzhen Green Rice Lianchuang Technology Co., Ltd, as most of the other devices are.

1 Like

I have updated the development branch version to 1.1.1 timestamp "2022/07/01 8:29 PM".
There are a lot of internal code changes, but the main visible addition to the Aqara P1 motion sensor functionalities is the temperature attribute. There is also an offset parameter for the temperature reading (my sensor shows 1-2 more degrees higher temperature if compared to other temp sensors in the same room). The temperature values are integer numbers (internal temperature sensor resolution is 1 degree) and the scale (C/F) is set automatically depending on the HE setting.

I don't know why (yet), but my Aqara P1 sensor requires to be paired two times. The first pairing process creates the device and assigns this driver, but nothing is received from the sensor. Pairing it for a second time (without deleting the device from HE) makes it work OK.

3 Likes

Does your driver include device presence features? Meaning of the device is online or not. Is helpful for Aqara devices since they like to drop off

The zigbee 3.0 Aqara and Tuya devices will not drop off.

2 Likes

I thought even the zigbee 3.0 Aqara devices don’t stick to the zigbee standards

The 'presence' attribute is reserved for the Aqara FP1 Presence sensor! :slight_smile:

I was planning to use the "powerSource" event and attribute for the purpose of denoting whether the device is online or not. Hopefully I will add it in the next version and will give a sample how to use it with RM5.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Depends on the device. And the issue is cluster usage. But they are very stable on a mesh with even non-zigbee 3.0 repeaters.

4 Likes

How to do that? Z2M?

I fully ratify this.

1 Like

If anyone has the Aqara High Precision Motion Sensor RTCGQ13LM (lumi.motion.agl04) or the Aqara FP1 Human Presence Detector RTCZCGQ11LM (lumi.motion.ac01), please send me a PM for some preliminary tests.

I have pushed an update of the driver to version 1.1.4 via HPM.

The majority of the code changes are related to the driver preparation for the FP1 support.

It adds also a presence / offline check timer, which is currently hardcoded to 3 hours. If more than 3 hours have passed without receiving any data from the sensor (including the periodic 'heart beat' messages), the powerSource attribute will change to a value 'unknown'. This event can be handled by an RM5.1 rule to send a notification. When the communication to the device is restored, the powerSource standard attribute is set back to 'battery' (for FP1 sensor should be 'dc').

The problem with this approach (do not use the standard 'presence' attribute for online/offline status as some other popular drivers do) is that most of the HE applications do not provide a way to use the powerSource attribute for firing a notification. So the usage outside of RM5.1 or Node-Red or WebCore is not easy.

What most of the widely used HE apps provide is the ability to fire alarm notifications on the battery level change. So what I am going to implement in one of the next updates, is to force the battery level to 0 (zero) when the device goes offline to HE hub. When the Aqara sensor communication is restored, the driver should update the battery level to the last know value (as there is no reliable way to poll the Aqara battery devices for a battery level report, it comes with the periodic heart beat messages that are sent approximately every 1 hour). When falling offline, the driver should also force the 'motion' attribute to 'inactive' state. I have had cases when other sensors stay in an active motion state forever until the battery is replaced or the communication is restored. P1 sensor is rock solid on my Zigbee network BTW, no single drop-off was observed so far.

EDIT: the changes above are now available in the latest development branch version referred in this post.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work on this! I was about to send my P1 back to amazon but now I am keeping it. Its working great with your driver!

One question, I checked for updates with HPM and only one came up and it was titled "null", not sure if thats the P1 update. I did not update it as I wasnt sure.

2 Likes

The same happened to me this morning, I pressed the refresh button on HPM page and the drivers names appeared, I am not sure where the problem is. The second driver on the list was from another package..

Just close and open the dropdown menu once again and the list of the drivers will appear

1 Like

I set the sensitivity to 'High' but I am only getting the closeby version of the range. Is that setting not configurable? I see in Aqara docs that with 170 degrees it can only detect upto 2m but with the 150 it can detect up to 7m. I want the 7m detection. Is there a way to control that setting?

Have you pressed the physical pair/reset button at the back of the sensor at the same time when you click on the Save button to save the changed sensitivity?
Please check the device logs page, if the change was successful you should see log messages like these:

BTW, this same driver supports also the new Aqara "High-precision Human Body Sensor". I can't find a link on Amazon, seems like it is available for purchase only direct from China:

Aqara Motion Sensor High Precision Human Body Sensor Zigbee 3.0 Ipx5 Waterproof Sensitivity Adjustable Work With Apple Homekit - Smart Remote Control - AliExpress?

I can't judge how much precise it is, but this PIR motion sensor is the most sensitive one compared to all the other motion sensors that I have (excluding the Tuya radars only). A bit pricey, though ...

1 Like

I did and I see the sensitivity is set to 3. I guess I had very high expectations for range on this thing. It works well when I come in range but my room is big and has at least 5-6 meters across from the sensor. I assumed the sensor will pick that up but it doesn't right at the edge.

1 Like

:champagne:

:champagne:

6 Likes

Very cool!!!

Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by America's Got Talent

2 Likes