Aqara Double Rocker Not Pairing

Hi, I've got an Aqara double rocker (model QBKG24LM), it was working fine for close to a year now. All of a sudden it can't pair with my HE and stay on the network. It would pair for just 1 second (shows up on the page when I try to discover the device) before disconnecting immediately. Any help on how I can resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Did something change in your network or infrastructure?

We might need a bit more context te be able to advise you. Did you try pairing it close or next to the hub?

Nothing changed. It just suddenly stopped working.

I've tried pairing close to the hub but it still doesn't work. Below is the error I see in the logs after trying to pair it.

[dev:482]2023-02-21 09:33:38.469 PM[warn]Unknown model (146C756D692E7377697463682E62326E61636E3032) - PLEASE REPORT THIS LOG TO THE DEV - description:catchall: 0000 0013 00 00 0040 00 2940 00 00 0000 00 00 25402965ABB106008D15008E | parseMap:[raw:catchall: 0000 0013 00 00 0040 00 2940 00 00 0000 00 00 25402965ABB106008D15008E, profileId:0000, clusterId:0013, clusterInt:19, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:2940, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[25, 40, 29, 65, AB, B1, 06, 00, 8D, 15, 00, 8E]]

After that I keep getting these.

[dev:482]2023-02-21 08:50:23.049 PM[warn]Event interval INCORRECT, recovery mode (Slow) ACTIVE! If this is shown every hour for the same device and doesn't go away after three times, the device has probably fallen off and require a quick press of the reset button or possibly even re-pairing. It MAY also return within 24 hours, so patience MIGHT pay off.

[dev:482]2023-02-21 08:50:23.045 PM[warn]One or several EXPECTED checkin events have been missed! Something MIGHT be wrong with the mesh for this device. Minutes since last checkin: 6889 (maximum expected 90)

Do let me know if you need more information. Thanks in advance!

Please post a screenshot of the device page Data section.

Not sure which section is that. Hopefully this is the section you're looking for.

1 Like

Yes, this is the Data section that I was asking for. And it shows, that your device "model" value is not registered correctly in HE. I am not sure why this happened.

The easiest way to fix this is to delete the device from HE ( click on the REMOVE DEVICE button one the device web page bottom right corner), then pair it again as a new device. After pairing, check whether the model has a meaningful value, something like "lumi.switch.b1naus01" or "lumi.switch.b2lacn02".

1 Like

Im having trouble pairing it back now. Its stuck at initializing. Is there any fix for this?

Are you pairing close to the hub?

I have found that I have to go through the pairing proces multiple times sometimes to finalize it.

Yes I'm pairing close to the hub. Up till now I haven't been successful pairing the switch. Have been trying the past 2 days. Any suggestions on what else I could try to get the device paired?

Are you using the latest HE version, at least 2.3.4.153 ? Do you have any pending platform updates?

Yes. I'm on 2.3.4.153 with no pending updates.

There are newer platform updates which are in a Beta testing stage now and one of the improvements is related to the Zigbee initial pairing process.

You can either join the beta testing, or wait for the updates to be rolled out later.

1 Like

Thanks! Ive signed up to do the beta testing, hopefully it'll work if I manage to get into the beta test. Im now considering changing this particular switch entirely with another brand. My whole apartment uses Aqara switches (11 in total) and its the first time 1 is failing.

I've searched abit and saw some topics on using Moes switches. Any idea if this (link below) will work and if its alot more reliable? My understanding is this switch should work with the generic swich driver and will not require a custom driver like the Aqara switches do.

Most of the Moes (white label) Tuya switches will work with the HE inbuilt drivers for the basic On/Off functions. Tuya-specific features like controlling the power-on behavior or controlling the LEDs will require Tuya custom drivers.

So it may be just a hardware fault with this switch, may happen with any device.... Generally, Aqara switches are of a better quality if compared to Tuya products IMO.

P.S.
I looked at this Singapore site gadgets prices, some are much higher than usual!

Think you’ve got more experience than me. I will probably go get another Aqara switch if this doesn't work out by next week.

One more question (apologies for having many). Would the latest Aqara switch (QBKG41LM) claims to have zigbee 3.0 work with the generic drivers? Most of the Aqara drivers are now custom written by users and this particular one doesn't seem to be on anywhere.

https://shp.ee/r4mcnts

Where would be good to purchase such switches? I'm quite a novice when it comes to these things. As Singapore is using 220/240v I'm always hesistant to buy from Amazon as US uses a different power rating.

I just realized that Lazada gadgets are shown in Singapore Dollars, so now the prices seems to be OK! : )

Please don't be misled by seeing Zigbee 3.0 in the product descriptions. This means nothing in regards to whether a Zigbee device will work or not with Hubitat, whether it will work using the HE inbuilt drivers or will require a custom driver.

Just looked at SmartThings official support for the Aqara Zigbee devices - it is probably not more than 6 or 7 Aqara Zigbee devices that are shown in ST mobile application. All the rest (the majority!) of the Aqara devices are supported by community-created and supported Edge drivers.... It is the same here in Hubitat.

There is nothing to worry about using HE community drivers - there are drivers written 5 or more years ago that are not touched and don't need to be touched as they are working just fine. Hubitat features excellent backward compatibility.

About the latest Aqara QBKG41LM switch (lumi.switch.b2nc01) - sorry, but I think that the chances to work in Hubitat are not great. The E1 series seems to be intended to be used with Aqara own hubs only, so the E1 series devices seem to use a lot of Aqara-specific undocumented Zigbee clusters and attributes. Searching the net shows that currently it is supported in Zigbee2MQTT only.

Thought I give an update, I replaced the switch with a new one (identical model) and it's working fine. Seems like its a hardware fault of some sorts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.