Apps Code, where do you run it?

Have you guys had luck with this doing Temp/Energy/Contact? None of those are forwarding to my database.

Hey, yesterday my temperature sensors (but nothing else) stopped reporting to the InfluxDB. At first I thought it was a problem with the ESP8266 setup I'm using for this and it took my a looong time to figure out the real problem.
At least for me, the InfluxDB logger app logged a unique "hubName" for every entry. There is a standard config in Influx (which can be changed) that limits the unique tag values (not "value values") to 100,000. As every temperature reading created a unique hubName, the whole thing crapped out after 100,000 readings.

I don't know why this is happening, but I simply set the hubName to "Home Hub" permanently in the app code.
Maybe my experience helps someone else.

2 Likes

Is this working for people? Iā€™m not logging anything to my bd, is there a link to the latest code with the fixes?

I just got this working. I had to remove a ".encodeAsBase64().toString()" on line 761 and now everything is reporting. Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.