App title in log is wrong

I have an app that shows normal in the apps list.
Screenshot 2023-05-30 102822

However, in the logs it shows as paused
Screenshot 2023-05-30 103032

How do I fix this? When editing the app it looks normal. The pause button still shows as "Pause".
Screenshot 2023-05-30 103209

Are you looking at Live Logs or Past Logs? The name in Live Logs will be current as of page load, but will not refresh if the app name changes while the page is up (unless you reload). The name in Past Logs will always show the oldest name for which there are still entries. For apps that change their names frequently, which a few apps that add things like "paused" or "restricted" to the end of their names may do, this may therefore not always match.

This question comes up from time to time, and the above has always been the explanation. So, I suspect this is what is happening for you, too.

This is Past Logs. And in that log for that named app, there's only this one entry.
Screenshot 2023-05-30 112017
I've tried turning logging off and back on. Is it possible to clear the logs for that one app? I'm not finding any more recent logs even though it appears to be working.

Based on the extremely limited information provided, that seems consistent with the explanation above -- i.e., expected behavior.

To answer the new question, there is not a way to clear logs for one app. (There is a way to clear all logs, but it involves a soft reset of the hub, which is easy enough but probably way too time-consuming for just this outcome.) However, all past logs will eventually purge themselves out over time in accordance with the size-based quota for past logs. So, eventually you will see either no entries for this app or the "new"(er) name ... but at that point it may also no longer reflect the current name, given the above. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I'm brand new to Hubitat, coming from ST. Trying to learn.

Just so I know for the future, what kinds of additional info would I need to provide?

Nothing anymore if your questions are answered. :smiley: But I couldn't tell from the above what the current app name was or what you expected it to be with only a screenshot of a log entry itself, if you were wondering something about one of those.

Also, welcome to Hubitat! You're in good company with lots of ex-ST users.


The only difference in app name was the "(Paused)" part. I waited on the Live Log and when that app ran I could see the "new" name without the "(Paused)". Now the Past Logs shows both entries (see here)

Screenshot 2023-05-30 135455

Thanks for the help.

That's a different issue. If you see that, what happened is that you had two different apps named the same (well, similar) things. Either may or may not currently exist on your hub.

The logs are grouped by an app (or device) ID number, which you can see on the left side of the log entry (e.g., app:123) or in the URL when you're viewing or editing the app/device. They will be grouped together by this ID, regardless of current or past display names.

That makes total sense. I probably played around initially trying the various app options, probably using the same name after deleting my previous attempt. I can now see two different app ID numbers.

Thanks again for your helpful information and especially your patience.