[APP] Smarter Humidity Fan *FORK for Testing*

Hi
What do you use as reference humidity indoor or outdoor ?

Indoor sensor, so the app can see the difference between your house indoor baseline vs the bathroom humidity. In some climates the baseline in the house can swing greatly with the seasons, due to outdoor conditions.

Cheers Jeff

Jeff,

So here's a case on the SHF that gives me issues: I have the 'excessive change ignores smart mode minimum"... and I have an excessive range % set (4%)... because a 4% jump in humidity in my case is 99% someone using the shower... so the fan kicks on as it should... but if the user shuts off the fan manually, its stays off (probably falling back to the usual smart range rules). The smart range percentages wind up being a complicated tradeoff in my case... But In the case where smart fan came on because of the excessive range trigger (so I know there's extra humidty is bathroom) , i'd like the smart mode to stay engaged, and at least run for the auto off time, to get a chance to vent most of that air, like (I think ) it does when kicks on with a smart range trigger.

And if you do go back into developer work on this, I'd like to be able to export the smart mode on/off states to influx/grafana, but I think you'd have to expose them at the driver level (maybe the virtual switch?) so that it can be selected for influx export.

1 Like

I installed the App and have been using it about a week. I like it and it does what I wanted to do as far as bathroom humidity control. However, it cycles on and off and this annoys the wifey. I have tinkered with the settings and am not sure that I fully understand them. Could someone maybe advise me on how to reduce the on off cycling? Thanks in advance.

Turn on debug logging and it should give you some clues. Are you manually shutting the fan off and it comes back on? That would be normal. I have never had it auto shut off then back on though.

No, not shutting it off manually. I will try the debugging. Thanks

1 Like

Possibly it is hitting the max time, turning off, then realizing the humidity is too high and coming back on? The debug logs should tell you exactly why it is turning off and on.

Here are my settings, I did recently change the Excessive Change Threshold to 0 but it was cycling before and after change. I don't think it was going past 30 min but I will make it higher and try