App Running Constantly

Good afternoon,

I posted in the community forum and received an answer, but it didn't fix the issue and I can't seem to reply to the thread because it's been marked as "resolved". My original post was below. I disabled geofence and revoked location permission, but the app is still constantly running even when I close out of it. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

"I just installed the iOS app two days ago and the Hubitat app continues to run 24 hrs (even if I close out of the app). How can I make this stop?

As [@Navat604said, if you are using the phone as mobile presence device, the app must run in the background for the geofence feature to work. If you are not using the phone for presence, then you may want to disable the geofence and revoke location permission. This will not affect the push notification service, as that feature wakes up the phone, so it doesn't need to keep the phone "alive"."

How are you determining that itโ€™s constantly running?

open the Settings screen, tap General, and tap Background App Refresh. Disable background refresh for an app and it wonโ€™t have permission to run in the background.
(This might impact some functionality.)

1 Like