App and remote admin not working after c8 migration

Remote access is not working on my c8 after migration. If I go to registered hubs>remote admin, it redirects to https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/proxy/remoteConnectWithTokenPost and just keeps spinning. Same with remote admin in the app, just kind of stalls. The hub has the remote admin subscription

Are you sure the hub can get out to the cloud? Did you set a static IP on the hub or is it DHCP? Make sure it has a valid DNS if you did static.

Comms are all good. Confirmed via built in network test

Did you do the speed test? Its the only one that actually tries to resolve a host name.

Yea speedtest worked fine. I think it may have something to do with me giving the new hub the same IP as the old one. Not sure. Hopefully support can look into it soon

Maybe you will need to boot the old hub back up and let it get a new IP on DHCP? Worth a shot. Just disable the radios and any external integrations on the old one if you have not done that already.

I'm not using remote admin but wanted to note that I did give my new hub the same IP as the old one, and haven't noticed any problems w/anything else on my hub.

Yea, I just booted the old hub and had it pull a different IP and remote admin still isn't working, so its definitely not the IP causing the issue. Next thing is probably having support check the subscriptions, maybe something got messed up

1 Like

Yeah, both hubs failing does sound like an acccount issue...hope it works out soon.

You should look into a VPN, having direct access to a home network is so nice. Tailscale (an offering based on WireGuard) is a good option if you want something quick and easy and pretty low-tech. Or your router may natively support one or more VPNs.

Yes changing an ip for a new device can screw up your routing if you have switches behind it. They route to ip by mac and the mac changed. Reboot any switches.

Which hub has the Remote Admin service? Is possible that the C-8 was not enabled yet, if the service is enabled on a different hub. It may take up to 24 hours. If you just signed up the C8, then it would also may take up to 24 hours for the service to be enabled. Rebooting the hub may help speed up the process.

1 Like

They both have remote admin, I purchased a subscription for the new hub pre-migration.

Already have a VPN, but my wife doesn't want to use it all the time on her phone. Plus I like to support hubitat

1 Like

Cool! Sounds like you don't need any advice from me ... :slightly_smiling_face:

It's working now as of this morning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.