App and driver porting to Hubitat

This one

Try removing lines 28-33

1 Like

Worked
and this ?

dev:2692020-10-10 10:07:26.718 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.LinkedHashMap.encodeAsJson() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: encodeAsBase64() on line 168 (calledBackHandler)

dev:2692020-10-10 10:07:16.480 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.LinkedHashMap.encodeAsJson() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: encodeAsBase64() on line 168 (calledBackHandler)

I am trying to make a virtual air conditioning control work but I am having difficulties

Isn't there already a port for Tasmota?

Hi,
I'm trying to port some code from ST to Hubitat here Sinope TH1120RF-3000 Drivers From Smartthings. I'm having difficulties here:

data.location_list = resp.data

It says java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'location_list' on null object (StartCommunicationWithServer)

Another question what's the difference between:
data.deviceId = null
and
data?.deviceId = null

Thanks!

Guessing here a bit

where is data in your first example defined? There should be a

Map data

or

def data

somewhere. Ideally setting it to [:]

There is no difference on the left side of the = for

Normall it is used to avoid null reference errors on the right

ie

def a = data?.deviceId

if data was null, the ? would avoid the null reference exception and a would become null.

It does not have meaning on the left side, it is usually caused by the author doing global search and replace trying to big hammer null reference exceptions.

1 Like

Thanks for you info! Good to know about the '?'.

About the data, the first occurrence of location_list was here:

data?.deviceId = null
		data.devices_list.each{var ->
			try{
				def name_device=var.name
				name_device=name_device.toLowerCase().replaceAll("\\s", "")
				if(name_device==deviceName){
					data.deviceId=var.id
						data.error=false
						state.deviceName = deviceName;
						state.deviceLocation = settings?.locationname.toLowerCase().replaceAll("\\s", "");
						return data.deviceId;
				}else{
					data.code=4001
				}
			}catch(e){
				data.code=4003
			}
		}

And the second occurrence is here:

case "deviceList":
			httpGet(params) {resp ->
				isExpiredSessionEvent(resp)
				data.devices_list = resp.data
				if(resp?.data?.error?.code == "USRSESSEXP"){
					askForSessionReset();
				}

}

I don't know if it answers your question. Thanks for you help!

I would like to thank you for your help and ask for more help with a driver that I am modifying.
The intention of this driver is to function entirely as a virtual air conditioner, only as a command to trigger events in the webCoRE.
Everything that I need is already appearing on it, however, I am not having the status of the device. For example, when I set the device to on, it does not appear on it, this is happening in all functions. Could you please take a look at the code? Thank you very much in advance.

What do you mean by “doesn’t appear on it”?

That Virtual Air Conditoner Device Type Handler from SmartThings appears to have been designed for the ‘New’ ST App. Porting that DTH a to Hubitat may present some challenges compared to more traditional ST DTHs.

What not just use the Hubitat Virtual Thermostat, which is built-in to the Hubitat platform?

2 Likes

I'm trying, but here in Brazil we don't usually use a thermostat, we only use the air conditioning control manually, without this automatic temperature adjustment.
I just need a virtual air conditioning control.
I'm trying anyway to use the thermostat but it's not working properly, which is making me very frustrated.

Can you please explain more? I am curious what exactly you’re looking for in a Hubitat Device Driver.

As you mentioned, a Thermostat is designed to maintain temperature to a target by turning on/off either a cooling or heating device - in other words, a form of automatic control. Of course, a thermostat can simply be set to OFF to prevent the automatic control from occurring. However, this does not allow for manual control of the cooling or heating device.

So...I am trying to understand what exactly you’d like in a driver... Since you mentioned air conditioning, I assume you have some sort of air conditioning unit, correct? Does it have a built-in thermostat? How do you plan on having Hubitat interface with the air conditioner? You mentioned above that you don’t want thermostatic control from Hubitat...so do you simply want manual on/off control?

If you can describe in detail the requirements, the community may be able to come up with a simple solution.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the response and consideration. The air conditioner already has a thermostat inside it, so I Send the HVAC IR remote control code like this
IrSend {"Protocol":"COOLIX","Bits":24,"Data":"0xB2BF00","DataLSB":"0x4DFD00","Repeat":0,"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"COOLIX","Model":-1,"Power":"On","Mode":"Cool","Celsius":"On","Temp":17,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV”:”Off,”SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"Off","Filter":"Off","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}

I am thinking in some way to incorporate the other possibilities of the the native hubitat driver, I believe that some difficulties that I'm having is due to my knowledge being limited in programming.

These are the possibilities that we need in a virtual air conditioning control

"Power" :

• On, Yes, True, 1
  • Off, No, False, 0

"Mode" :

• Off, Stop
  • Auto, Automatic
  • Cool, Cooling
  • Heat, Heating
  • Dry, Drying, Dehumidify
  • Fan, Fanonly, Fan_Only

"FanSpeed" :

• Auto, Automatic
  • Min, Minimum, Lowest, 1
  • Low, 2
  • Med, Medium, Mid, 3
  • High, Hi, 4
  • Max, Maximum, Highest, 5

"SwingV" : vertical swing of Fan

• Auto, Automatic, On, Swing
  • Off, Stop
  • Min, Minimum, Lowest, Bottom, Down
  • Low
  • Mid, Middle, Med, Medium, Centre, Center
  • High, Hi
  • Highest, Max, Maximum, Top, Up

"SwingH" : horizontal swing of Fan

• Auto, Automatic, On, Swing
  • Off, Stop
  • LeftMax, Left Max, MaxLeft, Max Left, FarLeft, Far Left
  • Left
  • Mid, Middle, Med, Medium, Centre, Center
  • Right
  • RightMax, Right Max, MaxRight, Max Right, FarRight, Far Right
  • Wide

"Celsius" : temperature is in Celsius ( "On" ) of Farenheit ( "Off" )
"Temp" : Temperature, can be float if supported by protocol
"Quiet" : Quiet mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Turbo" : Turbo mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Econo" : Econo mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Light" : Light ( "On" / "Off" )
"Filter" : Filter active ( "On" / "Off" )
"Clean" : Clean mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Beep" : Beep active ( "On" / "Off" )
"Sleep" : Timer in seconds

What I need is to make a virtual driver that has these possibilities.
If I can do this I can properly control my air conditioner

Wow! That’s not exactly a trivial driver. Now I see why you’re trying to port the code from ST. I am still not clear exactly how a virtual air conditioner driver would ever end up sending Infrared Commands to your air conditioner. What device is sending the IR commands?

1 Like

I'm using Tasmota on Tuya IR bridge model UFO - R1
If I could get a virtual driver with these possibilities I can send the information via WebCoRE to UFO-R1

Isn’t there already community support for Tasmota? I’d recommend posting your questions in the Tasmota thread.

1 Like

Because in these commands I have everything that I need to guide the webcore piston

"Power" :

• On
  • Off

"Mode" :

• Off
  • Auto
  • Cool
  • Heat
  • Dry
  • Fan

"FanSpeed" :

• Auto
  • Min
  • Low
  • Med
  • High
  • Max

"SwingV" : vertical swing of Fan

• Auto
  • Off
  • Minn
  • Low
  • Mid
  • High
  • Highest

"SwingH" : horizontal swing of Fan

• Auto
  • Off
  • LeftMax
  • Left
  • Mid
  • Right
  • RightMax
  • Wide

"Celsius" : temperature is in Celsius ( "On" ) of Farenheit ( "Off" )
"Temp" : Temperature, can be float if supported by protocol
"Quiet" : Quiet mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Turbo" : Turbo mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Econo" : Econo mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Light" : Light ( "On" / "Off" )
"Filter" : Filter active ( "On" / "Off" )
"Clean" : Clean mode ( "On" / "Off" )
"Beep" : Beep active ( "On" / "Off" )
"Sleep" : Timer in seconds