Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

Here you go.

Hi, @bangali. Thinks for this.

I browsed the apixu site with my key and tested history and forecast data. I'm able to see precip_in for recent history and near-term forecast days. Would it be possible for you to add to your driver: precip for two-days-ago, yesterday, today, tomorrow and day-after-tomorrow?

My use case is to calculate lawn irrigation needs. Thank you for considering!

1 Like

This what I need as well. My application is for watering tomato plants. I need to know if it rained the prior say before watering my plants.

1 Like

@CAL.hub & @RhettTitus while apixu provides a forecasted precipitation for the day it does not provide a total precipitation for today. so if i simply use the forecasted precipitation numbers for the day and use that to publish day - 2, day - 1, today, day + 1 & day + 2 precipitation data all from the forecast data does that work?

Yes. If I had that, I could get what I need to calculate irrigation thresholds. Thanks for thinking of me. :blush:

1 Like

update to github with the following change:

* Version: 5.1.0
*	5/18/2019: added precipication forecast data from day - 2 to day + 2

@CAL.hub & @RhettTitus give it a try. remember to save app settings after updating the code.

note:

1. it will take 3 days before the correct values for day - 2, day - 1 & day - 0 are published.
  2. once that happens check if day 0 and day + 1 values are consistently the same. i am not sure if in the forecast day data that apixu returns if day[0] is today or tomorrow. if it's consistently the same i will need to update the code to treat day[0] as returned by apixu as day 0 and not day + 1 data.

This is great. Thanks! I have it installed and will be watching the day-by-day results.

1 Like

@bangali

I'm getting these errors on my logs with the latest version from 5/18:

2019-05-19 06:11:46.874 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'date' on null object on line 373 (poll)

I'm also not seeing the new Precipitation attributes for -2, -1, +1 or +2 even though those are checked to be enabled.

Is there a way to scale the mytile state in order to fit a 2x3 tile in a mobile dashboard? It seems the full data span on a 3x3 tile.

did you save settings after selecting those attributes?

Hello,

Thanks for all the work you have done on this drivers. It does look like you are calling the forecast data incorrectly. [0] is for the current day
If i look at lines 327 to 333:

sendEventPublish(name: "temperatureHighDayPlus1", value: (isFahrenheit ? obs.forecast.forecastday[0].day.maxtemp_f :

You call forecast[0] for temperatureHighDayPlus1 when [0] is for the current day high. You would have to call sendEventPublish(name: "temperatureHighDayPlus1", value: (isFahrenheit ? obs.forecast.forecastday[1].day.maxtemp_f :

What i was actually trying to find within the code was the Max forecasted high for the day. Would you mind reviewing and maing updating all the affected 'plus1' and maybe consider adding a maxhigh also?

A little puzzled about how to select, if possible, what is displayed on mytile attribute.

Meant to reply back sooner, I had to delete my device and recreate it to fix this issue for me. My weather device on that hub was created with the first version you released so that could be why with all of the many updates there's been.

Is there anything that explains the toggles on the attributes? For example I see 2 sunrise and sunset options. Don't know what the difference is.

One is localSunrise and localSunset whereas the other is local_sunrise and local_sunset.

The values should be the same between each version, but some integrations expect a specific named attribute to be available.

I'm getting a very large font with mytile. Did you figure out a way to reduce it?

Any particular reason why you recommend to poll ApiXU Data every 30 minutes or less?

Great app, BTW. Thanks!

Sorry I haven't checked-in with my observations (out of the country for three weeks and no rain here to see anything but zero values). But it looks good as is. I'll advise further if any anomalies do appear. Thank you for adding this!

Does the Cobra Weather Switch work with this? What attribute is it using to determine rain???

I think it should, or can. When the apixu DH was upgraded by @bangali to include past & future rain, I messaged @Cobra with the request. Hopefully, Andy will be willing (and able) to include it.

Here are the relevant attributes from my device:

Screenshot_20190613-174101