Apixu api is changing

[Action Required] Your Apixu Account

Dear Apixu User,

Great News: Apixu is now weatherstack

After months of preparation, Apixu is now officially relaunching as weatherstack - a new, faster, more capable and completely rebuilt weather API service.

In addition to improved data reliability, consistency and completeness in general, there is a series of new API functionalities that will enhance your user experience and simplify implementation, including 11 years of historical data, translations for 40 languages, bulk queries, hour-by-hour data, astronomy data, location autocomplete, and much more.

Important: API Shutdown on October 14th, 2019

Please note that the Apixu API is now deprecated and scheduled for shutdown on October 14th, 2019. To prevent service disruption in your application, please make sure to switch to the new weatherstack API endpoint as soon as possible.

To do so, please create your weatherstack account using the button below and grab your free API access key β€” it takes just a few minutes!

Switch to the new API

Are you a paid Apixu customer?
If you have been using a premium subscription with Apixu, we have a special offer for you. If you have not been contacted yet, please reply to this email and let us know your Apixu email address and API requirements.

Need assistance?
If you have any questions or need assistance switching from Apixu to weatherstack, please feel free to let us know by replying to this email.

Thank you for being a customer!

Best regards,
Your friends at Apixu / weatherstack

Yep, a few people have noticed this already. :slight_smile:

I'm new to the language but I'm about half way done writing a driver for dark sky. I've extracted all the data. Just need to write in a little tile for weather. Hoping to have something ready tomorrow.

Dark sky allows 1000 requests per day on their free service. They do not provide luminance unfortunately.

Excellent i'd be keen to try that out if your looking for a beta tester. Would I be able to change to celsius and kilometers?

Haha! I'm US based and definitely imperial system for me. Let me get it working that way then I can add an option for SI.

1 Like

Count me in for testing

Gotta be honest, This thing isn't likely to be terribly useful for anyone but me. At least not unless you are comfortable writing your own HTML/CSS or at least altering the existing code. I've completely tailored this for my own small, wall-mounted, tablet. It's a good exercise in retrieving data from and HTTP/get call and parsing JSON into usable variables/arrays though. I haven't done any app-ish coding in nearly 15 years. So I'm a little proud of myself but just being realistic about it's usefulness for those who aren't me.

You can direct-message me asking for the code if you want it. I don't have a Github account nor any other means of hosting anything.

I have a day job, several hobbies, and I'm single dad so I don't have time to take requests if it doesn't work out for anyone. But feel free to adjust it as needed.

1 Like

For what it's worth this is the first shot at the weather tile output. And I did find an easy to add option to specify the units (SI vs US).

Just in case anyone wants to try it: GitHub - klkester/DarkSky-Weather-For-Hubitat-Dashboard

1 Like

Cool that worked. Although when I pushed it to my Sharptools.io dashboard it didn't work it just had a picture of a temp sensor. Not sure what would need to be done there.

I don't have access to sharptools.io to do any testing. So I have no idea how it would work. Sorry...

1 Like

The app is included with the HE platform. Just need to install it. You can use sharptools.io for free to test.

1 Like

It looks like the custom driver is primarily just emitting a CustomTile1 attribute. It would need to emit the normal set of weather related attributes in order to show up as a weather tile in SharpTools:

It looks like @Matthew released a DarkSky Weather Driver which has the required attributes. I just tested it and works well with SharpTools:

Thanks mate. I ended up installing this and it's been working great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.