Anyway to edit rule using text instead of UI?

Just wondering if Rule Machine generates a text representation of a rule, and if so, is there any way to edit the rule text directly as opposed to going through the UI?

1 Like

I'm going to say no as I've not seen a way to do it and certainly nobody has mentioned this method.

1 Like

The only way of doing things in text mode is by writing an app in Groovy. Which is not that hard (if you keep it simple :wink: )

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

I would pass out before I even got to play with it... @bravenel would be a labeled a god of Home Automation but seeing he detests webcore I doubt it will ever happen.

Haha. Only thing is I like webCoRE ui. I just think Addy did the wrong thing with it completely. A pet project would be to redo it, but not enough time.

Instead of that UI creating a bunch of JSON crapola for a huge and complex interpreter that runs in the cloud (aka webCoRE), he should have just translated it directly to Groovy. Each Piston would be its own little Groovy app. Super efficient to run, no huge mess of code to interpret, etc.

1 Like

My brain had a tiny seizure... you like webcore ??

Ok that's it !!! No more coding on nothing else.... fix webcore !! Sound of a horse whip !!

1 Like

I like the UI, not the implementation behind it. That's an abomination.

I don't know enough coding but just how hard would it be to get something very close to it ?

Not glamorous but just enough to make it workable.

A semester project for a grad student adept with Javascript.

uggg college intern !!

My preference would be something close to the now defunct Stringify UI, but that is just one man’s opinion.

1 Like