Anything happening on Netatmo weather station integration in 2020?

Is this still on the cards?

ATM AFAIK there are a few ways to get Netatmo working (1) use Hubconnect with Netatmo hooked up to a smartthings hub (which version of Netatmo connect are people using - is it this one? SmartThings-cscheiene/devicetypes/cscheiene at master · cscheiene/SmartThings-cscheiene · GitHub
This means having to reconnect the ST hub again. :slightly_frowning_face:

or (2) use Hubitat/Netatmo-Connect.groovy at master · fuzzysb/Hubitat · GitHub which I understand may have some issues still (?). Do the additional rain/wind sensors work properly?

or (3) use weewx (yet more work involving a pi)

Which is the best (or rather least problematic) solution?

I'm doing this for my weather station and rain gauge. It works perfect with Hubitat.

I decided to use this also and seems to be working without issue despite no more updates by the author. Unfortunately the update frequency is very slow at 10 minutes so I may well sell the system eventually and opt for a cheaper Ecowitt/Ambient system.

Tired the netatmo connect, installed all the drivers but when i run the ali, I get a fetch 0auth2 credentials error

Error:oath is not enabled for this App

Sorry iam novice but how do i fix this

Gett8ng further , figured out the auth issue...

You need to enable oauth in the app code. Top right click on oauth then save the app again.

Thanks, it is appreciated.

That worked, i can see my devices, but my rain and wind gauge doesnt show the information, i picked weather, but in the device information it shows everything, so do i make a new template somehow or what is the correct template i should use ? the device information shows this

Current States

• GustAngle : 217
  • GustStrength : 4.9
  • WindAngle : 212
  • WindStrength : 1.8
  • battery : 33
  • date_max_wind_str : 2:27 AM
  • lastupdate : 1:31 PM
  • max_wind_str : 13.6
  • units : mph

Is there a template i can use to show that information ?

You mean in the HE dashboard ?

correct

FWIW.. I'll be releasing a new Netatmo weather station integration in a couple days. It's built on a new framework that allows for easier development of oAuth-enabled app. It also has a nice, optional integration with HubConnect as well.

5 Likes

looking forward to it. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

You click on the device and choose Attribute then on the right side there is a pull down menu and choose the attribute to show.

thanks, didn't see that, it all good now.

1 Like

That's great Steve! Any chance of being able to increase the data update frequency from 10 to 5 minutes per this post in the HA forum? Netatmo poll/refresh time is currently 10 minutes, ideally should be ~5 minutes - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community

I’ve already build it as 5 minutes. I am also adding some dashboard-friendly attributes as well, which as actually my motivation for building this in the first place.

2 Likes

Brilliant! It's a pity they don't allow users to make the trade off between refresh rate and battery life. But 5 minutes beats 10 by a mile, I might even decide to keep mine!

I couldn't agree more. I added the anemometer last week and the day after we had a significant wind storm. I was hugely disappointed when I learned even the wind gauge does not refresh any quicker.

It's otherwise a good system with a great app..

I really looking forward to the release day. :slight_smile:

Tried the @Fuzzyligic app but could not get any data from the base, additional and outdoor devices. The app itself showed correct polled data though, I gave up and uninstalled the drivers and app.

I am working on a new version of the app/drivers with support for the internal and external cameras. I should have something compleate in about 2week.

1 Like

Would love to see the option to turn off logging. I like keeping a clean log. haha Cheers!