Anyone Using the Symfonisk WIFI Speaker

Anyone out there using this speaker from IKEA? Looks to be back in stock at nearest store. Not cheap but not as bad as the regular Sonos speakers.

I have not gotten one of those yet. I did just get a new Play:1 which I'm liking. Not connected to Hubitat yet though.

Sorry to say this, but have you even bothered to search it?

1 Like

Yes I read a ton of the posts. Most people talked about getting them, some mostly talked about the regular sonos and some talked about other brands. One person talked about that particular one and said it worked ok. Not a lot of info. That's why I asked.

I'm going to help you out then. Because there is a post which does tell some detail about the speakers.

And otherwise there are already a ton of reviews on YouTube.

Specific to Hubitat it behaves exactly like a Sonos speaker minus the microphone.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I missed that one or I forgot I read it. Since it works well then it looks like a good alternative to chromecast. I hope that if I do buy one that HE doesn't fix chromecast.:grinning:

To be fair, I personally, I don't "get" chromecast, (perhaps from my introduction to it) but Sonos Play:1 and Symfonisk both serve me very well as TTS speakers. The best part (from my perspective) is the distinct lack of a Microphone and the ridiculously ubiquitous "Voice Control" present in the Play One, Echo, Google Home, etc.

The sound quality is the true benefit for me, and I simply love how the Sonos Ecosystem works. If I could afford Play:5's everywhere, I'd have them all over the damned place!

Having said that, if I were a true Audiophile, I'd likely have a bunch of complaints about their sound. But then I wouldn't be using Pandora either....lol

TTS is just a "nice to have" for me, so please consider my review in that light!

Thanks for the reply. It has just become a hassle to use chromecast because of the lockups so getting these sonos will at least keep the speech happening when you need it the most.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.