Anyone Using Mitsubishi WiFi Controllers / Apps (MELCloud) in Europe

For the emulation, there is the tiniest bit of documentation, with the main functionality here. It only contains what I needed.

Basically just consists of a class representing a hub, with which you can register driver files. subsequently you can add devices to the hub.
The devices all have a base class which provides "hubitat" methods and attributes like log, createEvent, httpPost etc.

1 Like

Yes and we are in Belgium using Airco MSZ-EF42VGKW
We are connected with MELCloud but I want to make connection with Alexa (Amazon) is impossible I only find skills for US-Australia & New Sealand
Any suggestion ?

yves

Welcome to the Community.

Looking at the thread below, I would expect that HE devices that have the thermostat capability, which the MelCloud driver has, should be available with Alexa via the HE integration. I don't have any Alexa devices, so can't confirm this. Has anyone else tried this?

Out of interest, when you say you are connected with MELCloud, are you using the drivers I have developed?

BTW, I do still intend to get back to more development here, including HE package manager. Just need to finalise the Kumo drivers for the US, integrate all three drivers into one combined driver and then start to look at HPM, presets and other MELCloud features.

1 Like

Tnx for quick response..............I am just new on this Site. and new with Mitsubishi Stuff.
On Amazon I do not find any skill for Alexa in Europ and the UK sais there skill is only used in UK.

Where can I find your drivers ? LINK ?

yves

I expect you will need to setup HE with Alexa, might need others to provide that detail, but will see what I can find... There is a built-in app I believe...

Drivers should be somewhere further up the thread, but here is a link...

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/master/MelUnifiedThermostat/MELCloudParent_driver.groovy

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/master/MelUnifiedThermostat/MELCloudACUnit_driver.groovy

I'm expect you may not know how to install these manually? If so, let me know, I should have some notes somewhere... I really need to get these into package manager, much easier for users to work with.

Simon

After you have the drivers installed I do have some (potentially outdated) installation notes. I will try to review these sometime soon... Documentation is not my forte...

I changed to Google and problem solved

1 Like

Fair enough. I do plan to get to local control for the 3 platforms I plan to support, the European MelCloud, US Kumo Cloud and my MelView in Aus/NZ. At that point there would then be the advantage of local vs cloud based control.

1 Like

I have started working on a consolidated driver to allow control of any MEL thermostat, taking in the MELCloud platform in Europe, MELView here in Aus/NZ and Kumo Cloud in the US. There won't be a big change in features for those in Europe initially, but it will make things easier (I hope) going forward to expand the features across all 3 platforms at once.

So I will probably be looking for a few people to test and make sure everything still works as it should. I will also need to work through whether I can easily transition an existing setup to the new drivers or whether I suggest a fresh install.

I'm not planning to force anyone to change to these drivers anytime soon, and would be happy to support the existing drivers for a period of time, particularly until I am happy the transition is a smooth process.

I do plan to release the new drivers in HPM, which will make installation and updates a lot easier.

Thanks,
Simon

2 Likes

Does anyone not have Auto mode as an option? Other platforms, well mine at least, call out whether auto mode is available, not just an auto fan, auto as a mode, in place of heating / cooling.

Actually, would probably be interested either way, if people have Auto mode available would also be good to know...

In the Json response you can see whether the device supports auto heat/cool:

"ModelSupportsAuto": true

As opposed to:

"HasAutomaticFanSpeed": true

That's what I am grappling with, yes. Mine, on the Aus/NZ MELView platform, makes a distinction between supporting automatic fan speed and auto mode, but wasn't sure about how to interpret the European settings. That is why I was curious about what people saw in their app to try and confirm what I was seeing in the JSON. There are similar ModelSupports setting for cooling and heating, as well as Has....

The has.. and modelsupports... are all true in my case, so my response is probably not very useful

1 Like

The fact it has the has is a help, not sure I noticed it....

Acvtually, I am basing my code on the Can... settings, that's what I was looking for... i.e. there isn't one of these for Auto.

Am thinking I will use the modelSupports... settings (for auto only) and wait for people to say it doesn't match what their unit can support...

perhaps useful:

I haven't made any progress myself, down with long covid

1 Like

Thanks.

Must have been a different dev who implemented the notion of the automatic fan speed and the fact that cool, heating and dry modes (can) are possible... :roll_eyes: Not to mention the mixture of sensitive and non-sensitive info....

Still thinking will run with the modelSupports setting as the indicator for whether auto mode is an option I should offer in HE...

Things are pretty good here in Aus re COVID, at least in NSW, and Victoria is coming out of another lock-down. Personally it was nice to work from host most of last year, but would give it up in a heartbeat for the countless who have had a much more difficult time, not to mention those who have lost loved ones.

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have now released a new set of drivers that cover all three Mitsubishi platforms, including MELCloud. The thread for the new drivers is below, and includes links to the drivers and installation instructions.

My intention is that these will replace the one's I previously developed just for MELCloud, but I will continue to support the MELCloud drivers for sometime, allowing people plenty of time to make the transition. If anyone is keen, you can make the leap to using the new drivers now, although I have not worked through the best way to transition, whether you can simply switch the driver for existing devices, or whether setting up afresh would be the way to go. I will try to look at this soon, unless anyone else would like to take a look and let me know their experience.

Thanks again for everyone's support, I have really enjoyed developing these with everyone here and learning so much along the way.

Simon

1 Like