Anyone Using Mitsubishi WiFi Controllers / Apps (MELCloud) in Europe

Hi @sburke781, Sorry for the confusion.
So when I change the mode lets say from heat to cold, it does change the mode but also it drops the temperature to 10 degrees celsius. I'm not sure but I think that's a minimum temperature. On MelCloud app it shows the 10 degree number and on Hubitat dashboard it shows "null" or "n/u" or something.
I'll check it up.

1 Like

Hello @sburke781, Yes, I have noticed the same issue I think it has something parameters like I have noticed before. not sure though I havent played with it in last week. I guess I will have more testing this week and try something.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks @mikkomattip and @zimba. You're probably right then, it is probably the minimum temperature set on the unit / MELCloud. Hopefully the updates I am making will help correct it. Hopefully I should be done by the morning for you.

1 Like

Hi, I didn't get back to this like I had hoped today, so haven't finished the changes. If you're keen feel free to dig through the branch I setup on the git repository for what I have done so far, otherwise I'm hoping in another 15-18 hours I will have something more complete for creating of the temperature and mode change fixes so that the unit will not turn off or set an incorrect temperature.

I've also started to organise the work in more detail in Git, people are welcome to jump on there and log any issues or requests and just generally take a look. There are a couple of requests people have made that I still need to capture.

Simon

1 Like

I think / hope I have made the necessary changes to stop some of the issues being experienced with units turning off and / or temperatures not being maintained correctly (@mikkomattip, @zimba). The way I chose to achieve this did result in a large amount of the code changing, some parts only slightly, including the handling of operating mode, fan mode and temperature changes.

The updated AC Unit driver is here:

Anyone who has time to test, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

2 Likes

Good Morning @sburke781,

Tested :

1. Change fan speed 2, 3, 4 and auto (watching behavior in melCloud APP) works fine
  2. Change mode from heating to auto (watching behavior in melCloud APP) works fine
  3. Change temperature 23 - 25.5 (watching behavior in melCloud APP) works fine

I did not noticed any temperature problem or power on/off unit when testing.

Good work m8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for such a quick response with testing @zimba, glad to hear those tests checked out.

1 Like

No problem @sburke781, thank you for spending your time making a great driver for us in Europe.

1 Like

Hi,

Hope you are all well.

I'm slowly moving towards use of Package Manager for these drivers, which I would then consider to be version 1.0... As part of this effort I have merged the latest changes I made a few weeks ago into the master branch, i.e. the link has changed. Don't worry, soon you won't have to worry about this. If anyone wants to grab the latest copy let me know and I can provide the link.

As always, happy to hear any feedback.

Simon

3 Likes

Hi,

Only thing I've noticed is on dashboard using fan-template, when it's on auto-mode, it says "auto" and it has a fan-icon above. But when I change it to medium, high or what ever the icon is question mark.

If it would stay on fan-icon it would be better.

1 Like

Thanks @mikkomattip, I must have the fan mode values out of sync somewhere with what HE expects. I'll take a look and let you know when it is fixed.

Just wanted to let EU users know I haven't forgotten you, in more ways than just automation...

I have been side-tracked / distracted by the migration of my Hue lighting from my Hue bridge to my new C-7 HE hub, such a lot to explore and learn in HE. Hopefully this will settle down in the next few weeks and I can get back to some of the niggling issues and getting the MELCloud drivers integrated into Package Manager.

At the very least I hope everyone has had a safe New Year.

Simon

1 Like

Happy New Year @sburke781, take the time :slight_smile: still using deconz for the Ikea Buttons ?

1 Like

Yes, it was actually deConz that kick-started the whole thing, apart from the fact I had the C-7 sitting there, I was able to use the Conbee2 to connect my Hue dimmers and access the long-press for the 4th button, which I use in a few spots to turn off lights in an adjacent room.

For anyone using MELcloud and Tibber: Tibber has just released a direct integration. In the Tibber app preferences, enable "Tibber Labs" to see this Power-Up.

1 Like

Hi @mikkomattip,

I've been taking another look at the fan control issue you reported back in December and I can't seem to reproduce it. It does show a fan icon when I put the fan speed at Low, Medium, High and Auto. I do appear to have issues when using numbers for fan speeds, which I will need to address, but I don't expect that is the case for your setup based on your reference to Low, Medium and High. Are you able to provide some details on the settings for your device and how you are adjusting the speed in the dashboard?

Thanks,
Simon

I've made a small update to the driver today, allowing number-based fan modes to translate correctly to the fan speeds used with the Fan Control dashboard template. If you don't use the fan control tile, probably no real need to apply this update.

For those that do want / need to apply this update, please note I may have moved the code to a different folder since you last installed it, if you have any issues let me know and I will try and assist. Hopefully I will get this into Package Manager soon...

Been looking at languages and the way the language is updated by the login process if it is different from the setting in the MelCloud mobile app or if the language setting left out of the login call to the API (defaulting to English if it is left out). I copied the code from what I now believe to be a Swedish developer, which I'm guessing has been ok for most...?

Anyway, I was interested in finding out a list of language people would like supported, only for the purpose of not reverting your mobile app to a language you can't read. So if people could let me know what they need I'll put together a Preference setting with the list of languages.

Would also like to thank @jasper who has done most of the work on this so far.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi @sburke781 , my pleasure. I am new both to Hubitat driver development and Melcloud. I was very happy to find this thread and your code :smiley:

We just got 3 Mitsubishi airco's installed and figured it would be nice to manage them with Hubitat.
Ideally, I would use presets and on/of functionality, so that is what I will be attempting (though I will be progressing slowly as I have little time).
I noticed that not all my devices are retrieved, and that some exceptions are thrown. So my first goal is to setup a decent development environment and be able to run the code outside of hubitat. Are there common setups that are used? (So far I just loaded the driver code file in a groovyshell, and provided a binding to get attributes and default drivermethods in and out.)

1 Like

the list as extracted from the webapp:

"2" Čeština
"3" Dansk
"4" Deutsch
"22" Ελληνικά
"5" Eesti
"6" Español
"0" English
"7" Français
"23" Hrvatski - Srpski
"8" Հայերեն