Anyone using an APC UPS in Aus?

What is?

Sorry I thought you just only ordered the UPS

The CP one? Nah had it a while. Good price if it's 109 though.

yeh - I'm in 2 minds, already have 4 UPS's lol

2 Likes

I was getting a lot of short outages so I grabbed the CP one from Officeworks in a hurry and it's worked well. Good price even at rep. But 109 is great

1 Like

In our area we're assured of at least once/twice a year for a few hours and the rare brownout. Hence UPS is a must.

1 Like

lol, same here! :rofl:

Even when I lived in a different state with a more reliable grid, I found my server equipment was much more reliable after moving it onto ups power.

2 Likes

Posted this on the wrong thread, but the smell is a bit overpowering when located close to my desk. I might have to re-think how I make use of it in my Study.

That’s very odd. None of My ups’ have a smell and I have 2X APC, 1x cyberpower and an Eaton unit.

Same, Cyberpower/APC/Belkin. If there is a burning/acrid smell I would imagine an electrical fault of some kind and would be a bit wary. @sburke781 do both your units have the smell?

I have 4 CyberPowers and none of them have any noticeable odor. One of them is within arms reach of me. Something must be wrong if there is a smell that bad. Does it smell of ozone?

That's a good point, I haven't setup the second one yet, only plugged it in to he power for 24-48 hours to charge the battery, but haven't plugged in any devices. I might swap them over and see if it gives off the same smell.

I'm not really sure, and not really sure how best to describe it. The smell itself is not particularly overpowering now, I have been in the Study for extended periods and it hasn't really bothered me, but I can still notice the smell from time to time.

In terms of the smell and the tightness I felt.... I expect the problem may have been the house was closed up for a couple of weeks with no air movement and I came back and tried to sit in the Study and work. The second one has a very mild smell that I only notice occasionally, even though it is sitting right next to me on the desk. I'll hopefully setup the second one in the Living Room over the weekend.

Hi, I have a Cyberpower CP900EPFCLCD UPS connected to a QNAP server through USB port; do you know whether I can use a similar setup with what you have (I can use docker if required)? do you have a good article on how to set it up?

Thanks

TBH I know zero about QNAP's OS and its UPS implementation - just have a play and see what happens.

The Hubitat NUT driver is over here:

1 Like

Pretty much the same. My NUT driver worked on both.

1 Like

Hi @rocketwiz,

I'm looking for a solution to integrate my CyberPower to the NE and, as a person that likes to make things complicated more often than not, I want to do implement it within a Docker container.

How have you implemented the RPi 4 NUT? By any chance in a Docker container?

I run mine in a proxmox vm on a dell thin client and it runs fine. It looks like there are a few docker installs for nut so should not be a problem putting it on a pi. If you have more than 1 UPS of the same type you mey need to install on separate containers as cyberpower provide no means to distinguish between individual UPS's unlike APC where there is a unique ID for the UPS.

One option to consider is to look for a third-party UPS device driver or integration that supports your specific model of APC UPS. You may also want to check with the manufacturer or technical support team to see if they have any recommendations or resources for integrating their devices with HE.

Another option is to explore alternative UPS brands or models that are known to work well with HE and have established drivers or integrations available. This could help you find a more affordable solution that meets your needs and budget.

1 Like