Anyone try ZLink switches?

Hello, everyone! I’m new to Hubitat and have spent about 3+ months trying to decide on what smart switches to go with. I’m overly picky and they all need to match, lol. :sweat_smile: I’ve at least narrowed it down to zwave over zigbee, but now I’m stuck between Zooz and a brand called ZLink.

I like the aesthetics of the ZLink switches and I like how it’s easy to tell which switch is dimmable by just looking at it. This is something that Zooz lacks. You can’t physically tell a dimmer apart from their normal on/off switches. But I haven’t really seen anyone here talk about ZLink so I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with them? Or if I should just go with Zooz?

Another important thing to me is that I don't plan on making all my switches smart so it would be nice if I could find a paddle switch like Zooz or ZLink that is just dumb but matches the functionality and looks.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! :sweat_smile:

Zooz and Zooz support is active in the community here (@agnes.zooz). I don't believe ZLink is. So between those two, I'd be biased toward Zooz.

That being said, my preference would be Lutron. Their products are extraordinarily reliable.

2 Likes

@716pat I'm still biased towards Lutron because they are tanks. Now that the Diva design has been introduced for Caseta, a lot of people (including @aaiyar I believe) will be swapping out their normal Caseta for the Diva style.

2 Likes

I have considered Lutron though they are a bit on the pricey side, but they have their own hub so I couldn’t exactly use them as zwave repeaters tho…

Don’t I want some repeaters in my house to strengthen my mesh?

Repeaters are always good but a lot of us run a combo of zigbee, z-wave, clear connect. All 50+ switches/dimmers in my house are Lutron, about 20 pico's (Pico's are the best)

If you like the looks of ZLink, you will like the Inovelli Red series...when they come back in stock...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.