Anyone knows how to get this aircon controller to work?

I have this z wave aircon controller added to me HE, but i am not sure how to control it.

[Aircon Remote Control - VidaByFermax]
h****://vidabyfermax.com/aircon-remote-control/

Couldn't find anyways to work.

I’m guessing it will need a custom driver. Do you have any links to specs/owner’s manual?

I managed to screenshot these info from the device. Not sure if it helps? Anyway to check which driver is suitable to this device?

Microsoft Word - SiMPNiC_ SAC-01_Quick Installation Guide_V1.1_20190625(for VIDA).doc (vidabyfermax.com)

This is the installation guide, anyone knows if its workable with HE?

Document doesn’t seem to match the device details you provided (doc -> wifi, device details -> ZWave). Is there another document for the zwave model?

1 Like

Looks like it's been picked up (unless you manually assigned) as a thermostatic device. What drvier did it default to?

Hi thebearmay, it was detected as a Zooz Q Sensor ZSE11. I suppose it would be a thermostat with on/off/fan speed function.

Well it's not a ZSE11 :laughing:, so you might try changing the driver to the Generic Z-Wave Thermostat and see if that will give you some functionality. Even if it's partial, it could be a good starting point if something custom is needed.

2 Likes

Thank thebearmay, will try playing around if it works!

Hi the bear may, Managed to control on off using generic thermostat, but other controls seems unable to work. Anyways to modify the driver code?

Code for most of the Hubitat built-in drivers isn’t publicly available. You can check their GitHub repo, where they have released some example drivers, to see if there’s a z-wave thermostat driver. You might also be able to use a custom z-wave thermostat driver developed by the community as a starting point.

1 Like

Won’t be able to use the code for the built in driver, but it does let us know a little bit about what is needed.

I grabbed some old ST Zwave Thermostat code and made a few changes to it to remove the “heating” thermostat functions, that may give a starting point for creating a custom driver. If I’ve done it right this should give you a similar experience to the generic thermostat:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/development/zwaveAircon.groovy

1 Like

I saw these info from the device, does it mean these are the thermostat modes and fan modes supported?

When you changed drivers to "Generic Z-wave Thermostat", did you push the Configure button on the device page?

If you haven't done that, would you try that, and then see if you can control other functions as well?

Means the driver has support for them (although I commented out the set heat setpoints command), the aircon unit may not though.

i did that, but seems like no response on the app. Not sure if its working though.

My FCU is a split unit type. I tried to set the fan speed but the button dont work. not sure if its the code wrong?

I'm sure the code needs adjustment. Pretty sure it doesn't have fan speed in it, so we'll need to figure out the commands that need to sent for that.

Under the current state, those modes shown are the ones supported by the device or are the modes that the driver provides?

Is there a way to check the modes supported by the device?

Most of those are defaults set by the driver based on the thermostat profile it was originally designed for. I think I remember seeing code that would query the device for supported commands, I’ll look for it and try adding it in…

1 Like