Anyone having OAuth Ecobee issues?

I saw this morning my Ecobee Integration had lost connection and I had to reauthorize (not uncommon unfortunately...) When I enter my username and password I get:

I thought I might be going crazy, so I went to ecobee.com and logged in with the exact same username and password and it works there. Anyone else having issues? Is this because I have 2FA enabled on Ecobee now? I didn't read anything saying it wouldn't work with HE but maybe?

This. There are posts on Reddit about some other ecobee integrations no longer working after users enabled 2FA>

1 Like

Thanks, sure was, turned off 2FA and it worked on the first try! It's a shame, the Ecobee hardware is amazing... but they need to hire a new software team.

3 Likes

Yup.

Anyone have any other ideas? I've disabled 2FA, re-enabled and disabled 2FA again, and have the same issue. I've tried both the Ecobee integration and the Ecobee Suite user app. The only time ecobee authentication "works" is when I'm already logged into ecobee but it still doesn't complete the process.

I can see in the ecobee admin console that the hubitat and ecobee suite get authenticated but the callback never happens to let the hubitat know that.

Anyone else still seeing this problem? I just set up some new Ecobees and was trying to get the Hubitat integration working, and I'm having this same "incorrect password" problem. I don't have 2FA enabled.

Nevermind, got it working somehow but not exactly sure what I did different. :slight_smile:

Perhaps related, my Ecobee integration is losing authorization roughly every two weeks. I went so far as to setup a Rule Machine app to monitor the connection going down. In the several months I've had HE, it's never done this before a month or so ago.

So just talked to ecobee, they changed their API and they are saying hubitat hasn't changed their code yet. Still, browser url is ecobee's login endpoint for oauth - so not sure if I'm buying that completely.

But likely time to write an integration to the new API anyway - until it changes again.

Don't. Their (ecobee) support has claimed this for various integrations over the last 5 years.

1 Like

If this is true it’d be nice if they updated their documentation...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.