Anyone have a good idea to attach marverick (intellifire) fire places to lutron

I just got this and the remote is HUGE! Literally the size of a small brick. Bond won’t work because it’s 900mhz. They do have an app and homeassistant integration but I really don’t feel like doing h.an again. Any ideas?

Should I just do h.a again? Then do h.a to h.e?

Attach to Lutron how?

Are you trying to control the power to the fireplace?

Use a Pico (or other type of Lutron keypad) instead of the native remote?

Exactly. Sorry I was vague

HA is such a useful tool to combine with HE. I really don’t understand why people avoid it. I use it and 7 other bridges, an Insteon hub, and an always on Mac that is running 3 bridge applications.

However, you could just trigger an Alexa routine with a Pico.

Google's not revealing any direct interoperability of Intellifire and Lutron -- what do you want Lutron to do here?

1 Like

Fine…I’ll do it, lol. Do I need the full I.o or can I use the docker?

It says it’s HTTP based on the Alexa skill, so Docker will for sure work fine.

When do I need the full I.o, I forget

For supervisor. This is a core integration, so you don’t need the Full Monty.

For Hubitat integration do I need supervised?

No. I run HA with Supervisor because I wanted the Add-on store and no limits of any kind, but for HADB or the HE to HA integration, it is not needed.

1 Like

Is ha to he fast?

Instant

Just a guess, but this link

Confused the heck out of me. Generally, every time I think of tinkering with HA my eyes glaze over and my brain starts to freeze. I have seen several examples over the years of why I could find HA useful, but it's always shot down because of the complexity of setting HA up to begin with.

The prebuilt image on a Raspberry PI is the most straight forward, no guess scenario. Second easiest is a prebuilt virtual image, and third is a docker container in my opinion.

None of it is clear at first if you have not had prior experience. Hubitat wasn’t either. But taking your time and not thinking of this as something that is a chore or needs to be immediately understood allows one to just enjoy learning and growing from the experience.

Quite Possibly. Hubitat was definitely something more to come to grips with that ST, but it didn't FEEL that way to me. It just seemed to happen and continues to "happen" (I'm a long way from mastering anything). That being said every time I start to look into HA, it just seems like a chore. Quite possibly just a matter of perspective. Who knows maybe a year from know I'll see it completely different than i do today. It's been known to happen.

@frmWink2Hubitat If you're still looking for a solution in Hubitat, check out the driver I just released. It's based on the intellifire4py code that the official homeassistant integration originated from.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-intellifire-driver

1 Like