Anyone else see value in adding SWITCHES into the HSM trigger selection?

Is this the switch that you want to control when there's an HSM alert? If so, HSM already supports this:

FWIW, my response was for what @jnosa899 stated they needed. Not the situation you described.

1 Like

That's one of the reasons I keep believing it should be an obvious & available step while configuring things WITHIN HSM.

(He says with all due respect to those that built-the-beast that isn't a full-fledged-security-system but MAY increasingly be used as such by "Easy-Button-HE" buyers.)

Here's a simple use case. I have a real security system: abode. I use their door sensors for some things that i don't want to trip a monitored alarm.

I'm using the abode app in HE to access those sensors and output the events as virtual switches. It would be ideal if there was a virtual open close sensor that would show up on hsm, but that kind of virtual device doesn't exist. So next best thing would be using a virtual switch.

Virtual Contact Sensors do show up in HSM.

1 Like

Ah, you're right, my mistake! Unfortunately, those don't work for me in another context, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

1 Like