Anyone else having Z-Wave unresponsive issues on C-8 after 2.3.5.138 update?

Twice now since last prod version release my Z-Wave has gone offline. No ghosts, devices are showing routing info most at 100kbps directly connected to hub, no discover buttons, but my devices just stop responding. I am forced to shut down and power off for a few mins to bring it back online.

If this keeps happening, I may reset the radio and rebuild to start fresh. This is a migration from my C-7.

Please send me a PM with your hub's MAC address. I wouldn't pull the nuclear option to rebuild, as that is unlikely to resolve a crashing radio. Let us take a look at your hub to make sure you're not dealing with a hardware malfunction, first.

1 Like

Will do, thanks, Bobby

I had a couple of strange, short, z-wave outages. Nothing z-wave would would work for several minutes. Then, as if by magic, it would come back, like nothing happened. Nothing in logs that I could see. Weird.

The last z-wave device I included was a Zooz Titan water valve, but the z-wave details look okay to me.

Mine may be a software issue that is related to failed cloud backups, so the Hubitat team is investigating further.

Computer, Cancel Auto-Destruct Sequence, Authorization Picard 4-7-Alpha-Tango.

1 Like

Hi there,

Mine's crashed twice in the past hour. The first time, it was completely unresponsive necessitating a reboot. That brought it back and automations began working again. This time, it's intermittently non-responsive over both Ethernet and WiFi. It's just started responding again and I can administer it for now. If needed, MAC address is.....

@bobbyD is there a process to regress it to the prior version (perhaps a restore assuming that includes binaries as well as state)--I experienced no issues with that version whatsoever?

There is, but I don't think it will help. In any case, you can revert to previous version from Diagnostic Tool. Restoring a backup wouldn't help unless you made a change to cause problems. If one or more devices are causing mesh issues neither restoring previous version nor restoring a backup would help, the problem will persist. I removed the MAC address from your post, but I have it and will take a look at your hub and will send you a private message if anything in engineering log explains the problem.

Mine is acting up too. Migration went well. Was impressed with the decreased latency of certain rules. Then after .138 (or maybe is was .135) several Z-wave devices are missing from the z-wave details and several rules involving Z-wave devices are buggy as hell. WAF is in the negative numbers. If it matters, I migrated from a C-5.

Shut down the hub, unplug power for 5 mins, power back up. They should be there. Then update to the latest version

Plus one on this. Random crashes in random hours are fixed only via hard reboot (power unplug).