Anyone can suggest a PWS? More in comment

Ok so I been wanting to get a PWS even before I had a Hubitat or home automation. I've always been unlucky and always lived far away from airports or any other weather station so always had to rely on weather stations that were 10,20 or even 30 miles away from my house.
After I bought my house I figured that I was again far away from any PWS and I want to have my own.

I'm looking for a PWS that can be integrated with hubitat but I also want to be able to share the information with others. Definitely don't want something bluetooth or if i can neither WiFi. Zwave or zigbee? Do they even make those?
I'm hoping a package with all sensors and hopefully upgradable?

What do you guys recommend?

ecowitt works great and can add separate sensors i have this

and have added multiple wh31 temp/humit sensors and also a lightning sensor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YB6WZNH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have a older zwave quibino .. cannot get the multi channel driver working wtith hubitat.. for sale if anyone wants it.

1 Like

Check out this thread and you can ask the developer, @anon81541053, for more info. He's very active and very helpful.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-ecowitt-gw1000-wi-fi-gateway/38983

A recent weather station integration that he added:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-weatherflow-tempest-udp-relay/51062

Also, recent thread w/just about the same question:

1 Like

I also have Ecowitt, The GW1003, it sends data to HE directly (no cloud integration needed) and also pushes to the Ecowitt site and to Weather Underground. I just share out the WU link for others to see as it updates in under a minute so is pretty spot on :slight_smile: Great weather station, lots of add-ons available and excellent driver from @anon81541053

1 Like

@steveff What sensors does it come with and what other sensors are available for it?

gw1003 not avail in usa its exactly the same as the link i posted except that it has a differnt wind sensor as the one in the gw1003 is not avail.

Depends on what kit you buy, mine came with Ultrasonic Anemometer Sensor (Wind speed, Gust speed, wind direction), That also does UV index and LUX calculations. Outdoor temp/humidity/pressure, Rain gauge, and indoor temp/humidity/pressure. I have added 6 soil moisture sensors, a lightning sensor and 3 more indoor temp and humidity sensors (one under the house used in the under floor ventilation rules I have). I will be ordering the CO2, PM2.5 and PM10 indoor sensor as soon as it comes out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought a tempest which I really like, except the rain gauge part of it. For that I bought an ecowitt that does my rain gauge and an ambient temp and humidity sensor under my staircase where I brew mead and have water barrels for my saltwater aquarium.

Rain is detected by vibration. I get rain alerts occasionally with high winds when the bar it’s mounted too shakes.

1 Like

Why is that anatometer not available in the US?