Anybody using a Sensibo?

Having difficulty trying to set a specific swing position. My AC allows a position to be selected in the Sensibo app like this...

And when I look at the device page in Hubitat I see a parameter called Swing...

However, just above I only see a button marked as switchSwing...(and pressing it does indeed cause the swing to move to its next/successive position, which is great). There is no option/button for Swing allowing text to be entered.

Now, when I try to use a rule to move the swing to a specific position, I see the actuator/parameter switchSwing (not one for Swing), and try to set it as a string as follows But it fails to actuate the swing at all...

Any ideas?

Try modeSwing, this should expect a string parameter.
Looks like switchSwing cycles through the swing modes.

Would be useful to enable debugging to see what is actually being sent to the API and whether the call was successful or not. I haven't really tested much aside from on/off and setTemperature functionality.

Thanks, will try that.

Seems not...

I have successfully configured two Sensibo to my HE. But would also like to control swing position. How?

Updated to expose the modeSwing command, see if you can use this in your automations:

Hello. I updated the Drivers code then saved. Restarted the Hub but I don't see a Swing option under templates. Do I need to also update the Apps Code ?

What do you mean template?

You should see something like this in the device page:

When creating or editing a dashboard Tile, there is an option to "Pick a template". Swing or Mode Swing is not available.

I do see it in the Devices, Commands window.

As users we can’t add dashboard templates, only hubitat staff can do that with a hub/platform update.

If you assign a thermostat template to your Sensibo device, you’ll see the functions that can be controlled in a dashboard.

Ok. I didn't know that templates only Hubitat staff can update. (Maybe they can update?)

Yes I have been using the Thermostat template without problems. Thank you

Holy Moly, it works beautifully! Thank you so much for the update! Now I can switch my AC on and move it seamlessly to the correct swing location to blow cold air over my feet rather than face :smile:

4 Likes

I've had HE for two days now. Yesterday I installed the Sensibo pod app and driver. I created a dashboard tile from the Sensibo Pod device using the thermostat template. I get a tile that lets me turn my AC off and on, set the operating modes, turn the fan on and off, but no swing mode adjustment. How do I set that so that function is available in a dashboard tile? My device attributes contain all of the variables including swing related ones. I just don't know how to get them to show up in the tile. I am a complete newbie at HE but have some experience with ST. I selected full range for swing, then saved it. But, it still doesn't show up in the tile.

My tile looks like this:
46%20AM
My cool mode options look like this:

...and my fan mode options look like this:

thanks @blink. the app and driver works great!

@rbrown3rd as stated, users don't have right to create or modify template. so until hubitat adds swing mode, we won't have a settings on a template

So I have been adding "notifications" to devices to have them listed on my "what did you say" device template and wanted to add my aircons. I noticed that i've added both, but one of my air cons is constantly turning off every 10-15 minutes and ive only caught it by adding it to a notification list.
I can update the driver (if there is an update) but my second air con unit is not behaving in the same way.

I even changed out the batteries thinking that might be the problem, and also with this driver there is no "refresh" or "confirgure" option which I would usually restore to trying.

Any ideas ? @blink would there be any reason my sensibo is continually turning off or being told to turn off ?

** I think the bedroom device was still attached to a rule - even though I removed it from that rule as per this thread (Device Details, In Use By not removing Rules) so I remade the rule and hopefully this fixes it.

nope - still saying thermostat was turned off.

Batteries? Are you running one of the older units?
I saw on the sensible Facebook group some comments about the older devices having limitations, and suggesting upgrading to the newer one might be a good idea. Omer (seems like the owner) was offering to do a discount for existing users of their old unit.

But I would be logging on to their portal and see what is going on with their logs. There was quite a bit of action in the last few weeks I think.

I only use mine to run AC not heat, and we are only just about to start getting in to warmer weather now in Melbourne, so haven’t really been paying any attention.

I only really use Sensibo to turn in the AC when I leave work to give it some time to cool down before I get home.

you are on the money @robert1 - I do have a pair of V1s, not really interested in upgrading as these battery powered ones fit the need. As HE cant control the AC directly I have 2 virtual switches turning on the thermostats that way. So ive moved my notification rule from the thermostat switch to the air conditioner switch atleast then I wont keep getting false positives. Weird that was only having this issue with one of the units though (constantly turning off) even though it is off.

What do you mean HE can't control the AC directly?
I can control all three of my Sensibo's from a PC or the mobile app:

My systems (Daiken Splits) remember what their last settings were, so I don't need to generally fiddle around with the swing modes or anything else. I mostly just switch them on/off, but occassionally I'll change the temperature.

hmmm, i'll have a closer look tonight. If anything having them behind a virtual switch already solves my notification issue. Thanks for the replies @robert1