Anybody using a Sensibo?

Hi guys, I got 2 new Sensibo pods and installed them with my Gree heat pump.

4 questions:

1- In the dashboard, the thermostat template does not provide "Dry Mode" or "Dehumidifyer" , how do I make that work besides going in management, then each device and clicking manually on "dry Mode" ?

2- Even after setting the units in celcius, when changing the temp, it sends it as fahrenheit to the AC unit, so it displays in fahrenheit, what am I doing wrong ?
** update ** My remote was not set to celcius on my first sync with sensibo, re-sync and it works in celcius

3- How do I set Fan speed? I only get "on" "circulate" or "Auto"

4- I get a lot of these errors, does anyone know why?
2020-08-05 15:18:40.002 [error] groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: virtualThermostat.son() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: run(), run(), run(java.io.File, [Ljava.lang.String;), cool(), off(), any() (son)

** update ** fixed by deleting a group that I tried to create containing 2 thermostats ( they were listed in switches)

Thanks all

Mine works as well. You can see posts from me earlier in this thread where I couldn’t get it working but one day, it just seemed to start working. Not sure what I did or didn’t do. I still primarily control my portable AC with SmartThings and it’s Sensibo integration but it’s on my radar to be moved over to Hubitat in the next couple of weeks once I bring my new C-7 online.

I just left it alone for about 15 mins and finally the data stated flowing and the errors went away.

One thing I am having difficulty with is thermostatFanMode. I have On, Circulate and Auto instead of the options in the Sensibo App: Quiet, Low, Medium Low, Medium High, High and Auto. I'm also seeing Thermostat mode mismatches like Emergency Heat which is not supported and Dry and Fan Only that are missing.

Is there any way to fix this? Looking through the Pod Groovy code it shows that these modes are all present.

Just to follow up - I've worked around this for now by adding Custom Actions to my Sensibo automation to set the fan mode's.

@blink It would be great if all these separate buttons where ditched in favor of the modes being in the pick lists.

I like the error :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I found a workaround for this issue if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Hi!

I can click on "refresh" all day, there are no values. What am i doing wrong?

It happens to me occasionally - and it seems to be a problem on the Sensibo back-end side. "Waking up" the unit explicitly through the Sensibo app (turning it on/off, for example), works for me. The problem is unusual enough that it's not a big problem - for me.

Hey guys im new to he and i just installed the sensibo app and driver from @blink ( thanks for your work) everything looks like ira working but when i try to change the temperature the screen on my unit go blank and nothing change what did i do wrong??? Could it be because it is still linked to my nest hub via wifi??? Since ive installed with je the same problem occur with my nest hub??

you need to double-tap the temp as the Sensibo and most split systems will only change set-points by 1 degree at a time (vs 0.5 that HE supports).

@dJOS it doesnt work...

It use to be the same with Google home but now that i integrated it in he all it does is blank the screen on my unit...

I am getting this error in my log can anyone help with that???

errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_joyfulhouse_SensiboPod_384.generateEvent() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[temperature:19.9, humidity:37, targetTemperature:20, fanLevel:high, ...]]
Possible solutions: generateModeEvent(java.lang.Object) (generateEvent)

Well i finally got it no more error and blank screen in case someone get the same error here is what i found. There was an update to the sensibo app and i repaired my original remote to sensibo now everything work great

1 Like

Has anybody tried to set or toggle the climate react using this app / driver combo? I can switch the AC on and off but I can't set the climatereact function? I have debugged it to the limit of my knowledge (not much if I am being honest!) and can't figure out for the life of me why it isn't working. I have an IFTTT applet that sends the exact same JSON code as I presume the app is sending (using the SendPutJson routine) but it isn't working!! Grrr

Did you solve this? I am getting the same error and it doesn't appear to be setting the log debug level of the app

The only issue Im having since 2.2.5 is my rules running my Sensibo no longer do anything - yet all the manual device operations (via Dashboard or device page) work just fine.

@bobbyD @bcopeland Is there anything in RM that has changed that might cause this? Im using standard "Thermostat" commands in my rules, not custom actions.

EDIT: I found the issue, RM Private booleans had wigged out! Manually resetting it for these rules solved the issue (using another manually triggered RM rule I built for just this occasion).

nope no more eror in my log.... didnt do anything....

You legend! I can confirm that this worked for me too. I am still seeing the MissingMethodException error but glad to get this sorted out.

If anybody is interested in getting the ClimateReact toggle to work then I think I have solved the problem - I say this after fairly limited testing so .

To fix the problem I added 'requestContentType: "application/json",' as a new line at line 1249 of the app code. This solved the error of 'No encoder found for request content type /' that I discovered after getting the debug logging to work correctly (see post #116).

@blink if you get a chance then would you mind updating your github with the changes in this post and #116?

I'm finding this integration is really ugly in terms of its load on the hub (see device and app stats below where they clearly show Sensibo is the worst by a country mile). This is even with the polling set to every 5 mins (I'd prefer to make it 1 minutes but clearly at this rate it's not feasible). It seems to be taking several seconds on average to get the response from the Sensibo Cloud API server if I'm reading this correctly.

I'm also getting timeouts to my hub from other integrations (IFTTT and Withings) that I'm wondering could be related if this integration is seizing up my hub for a while as each AC unit tries to poll.

Anyone else care to show their responses?
Anyone know if the app using asynchronous comms or if it might seize up a hub while polling?