Any way to integrate my homepods into Hubitat

Title says it all. Looking to setup scenes with music, get notifications, etc.

I can’t seem to figure out any way to integrate the HomePod

Best I can figure out so far is triggering a virtual switch and having the Apple home app start an automation based on that virtual switch. Not really ideal for text notifications as I’ll have to manually generate all the audio files

Look into "HubConnect". Your second hub could be a raspberry pi or VM running homebridge. That ties into Apple's HomeKit and brings everything to Siri. You can then create scenes in the Home app using your devices on Hubitat.

1 Like

I don’t think that works here

https://community.hubitat.com/t/new-homebridge-plug-in-via-makerapi/13949/438?u=rich.princeau

Maybe look here (if my link works properly)

1 Like

@j11 GitHub - nfarina/homebridge: HomeKit support for the impatient is the link to homebridge and homebridge-config-ui-x - npm is the link to the UI I use with it on an always-on Windows 10 PC (the app/UI loads homebridge automatically with every startup). With Makerapi installed from the apps on HE and by installing the homebridge-hubitat-makerapi app on a Windows PC, Mac, or Raspberry pi, you can control your HE devices with Siri and Apple Home and the response is instant. The instructions are pretty clear and easy to follow for a non-programmer like myself. I don't have a HomePod, but notifications show up on my iPad and iPhones.

I’m already doing all that. I am looking for a way to let Hubitat initiate music on the HomePod.

The only way would be whatever limited automations are available in HomeKit for that.

Probably should have led with that.

There is currently no way to pull in HomeKit only devices into HE. All you can do is the ways described above with virtual switches

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.