Any Supported Facuet Hose Timers?

Are there any supported outdoor faucet timers? I was looking in Lowes, and all they have is the Orbit B-Hyve timer, but its WiFi, so I'm assuming not supported.

I know the old Iris compatible Orit timer was supported, but its no longer available.

I've done a quick search and didn't find anything, so am open to suggestions!

Thanks,

Paul

You can still find it on ebay.

1 Like

Yup. Picked one up from eBay for $25 a few weeks back. Works well with Hubitat.

I use a outdoor z-wave switch connected to a normally closed solenoid. as long as you have electrical near your hose hookup this works great and I generally find to be much more reliable than battery powered devices.

I did the same thing as you @jrau272 using this valve.

nice. I used a solenoid - cheaper and as I am only running it for 10-20 min at a time, i’m not worried about frying it. I used this one:

Just make sure you get GHT -> NPT thread adapters:

and

I was looking at doing something automated for my pool filler valve. I have a manual valve at the moment but have been known to forget it and several hours later find water running down the sidewalk from my overflow.
I think I just might install a standard normally closed 24v orbit sprinkler valve. ( less than 15 bucks on Amazon). I know they work and are reliable as I have 10 zones installed for my lawn. They are weather proof as they sit in ground and are normally covered with dirt and water.
I just need to figure out if I’m going to run a wire from my Zwave orbit sprinkler system ( I have access but it is a long run ) or perhaps use a zen 16 dry contact and power it directly from an outlet I have close and connect to a 24v wall wart. . I’m tending to lean toward the zen 16 option as they allow for a momentary switch to operate manually if I choose to just press a button. I’m also pretty certain I can configure that manual push button to set a certain duration.l so anyone in the family who sees that the pool water is low simply needs to just go push the button to get xxx minutes. Perhaps this might be my week end project. I’d seen some of the other valve options. I’d really rather stay away from 110 and a smart plug. Don’t like the idea of 110 near water when anyone can access it. And while I can easily tie it to my orbit lawn sprinkler I like the idea of that push button manual option too. Will chew on it for a while and see which way I go !
Will post when done.