Any Steam Shower integrations?

Thanks very much.

We want to go curbless as well, for the same reason as we intend to retire in this home and stay put. Those tiny little steps when you're younger do become much more of an issue...my mom is over 90 and everything gets harder all the time.

Did you use 2x2's on the floor, and 4x4's on the ceiling?

2x2 on the floor, and 3x3 on the ceiling.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing so much, really appreciate it.

No problem, are you planning on doing the work yourself or hiring a contractor?

Contractor...this stuff is not my forte at all. I have zero experience w/tile and don't think it's a good idea for my first project to be a steam shower. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, no definitely not a novice type of job. I would make sure to know what kind of tiling substrate system the contractor is using to ensure a steam rating. Kerdi is fairly popular membrane system used in showers, but if you want a continuous steam rating you need to use the Kerdi-DS. Personally, I went with foam tile backerboard that has a membrane on both sides, was really easy to work with (very light) and has a continuous steam rating, more expensive than Kerdi but I found it nice to work with.

1 Like

Thanks - that is great info/advice. I've been worried about that, making sure the construction is sufficient. We're doing porcelain tile, 12x24 on the walls, 2x2 on the floor, and ceiling undecided, but either the same 2x2 or 3x3 (if we can find a good match).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.