Any plans to become a ring partner?

The D2101KV or the D21KV (Integrated video screen) both have surface mount housing available as options. The D2101KV is the narrowest but it is still wider than a 4x4 post. I do see the appeal of the Grandstream in their size.

The grandstream one is not as slick looking but I have yet to find any solution with a keypad that is narrower.

Not to mention the price difference! at around $900+ for the doorbird with integrated keypad and you still need an IP based device for it to communicate with like the grandstream handset with 7inch screen or Tablet unless you only want mobile only.

If they come out with a more narrow unit I will definitely pull the trigger.

Perhaps I'm not understanding this part or you're referring to the Grandstream in which I'm not as familiar with.

With the DoorBird you aren't required to have any dedicated video screen you can use a lot of devices and your mobile if you want and they are ONVIF compatible.

Grandstream also does not require a dedicated screen. You can use mobile. Though I have rarely seen a commercial grade doorbell like the Doorbell units that do not have a dedicated screen. And yes the fact that Doorbird is ONVIF compatible is awesome!

1 Like

Any opinions on these?

besides price?

21 posts were split to a new topic: Debate about Hubitat's Approach to Ring

I just loathe the prices that are being talked about simply for a doorbell. spending anything above £50 is not worth it over the benefit of a conventional doorbell.

Unless of course, you have a mansion and automatic gates to let in the peasants

2 Likes

If you still have a ST hub, until HE gets Ring integration, I would think you'd be able to link Ring to ST, link the ST and HE hubs together, and access the Ring devices indirectly through that? Actually a new HE owner, converting quickly after buying a ST hub. I knew that Ring was at least partially supported in ST, so the plan for me was to either stay with ST if I liked it, or buy HE and try to link them together for devices the HE didn't support but the ST did.

I ended up building my own integration that, unfortunately, relies on Alexa. You can find the info at GitHub - dcmeglio/hubitat-ring

Another integration that doesn't use Alexa.

If you are mad that Hubitat isn't a Ring partner then you should be mad at Amazon and anything related to them aka Alexa. Ring isn't accepting any new partners. Period. Heard from an inside source the Ring partners page goes no where. It is lip service only or was an initiative for plans prior to the Amazon purchase of Ring.

I think that's pretty obvious now especially since the partners page is... gone.

2 Likes

No HomeKit support. :weary: :crazy_face::weary::roll_eyes:

Something very cool just popped up in the Unifi Early Access store, for people looking for a doorbell.

I noticed that also, I use Unifi and have been waiting on this, but I can't find out if it has to be power by existing wires or if its battery.

It is not POE, it runs off the power of your existing doorbell over wifi.

1 Like

@cstory777 thanks was wondering that
got all excited for nothing

Yup, it won't get me to drop my ring even though I have all Ubiquiti network gear and security cameras here.

@cstory777 how do you like your cameras?
I have Ubiquiti Unifi network but still using old Costco AvertX cameras and NVR system which I think are terrible for the price.
Thinking of upgrading to a UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus and g4-pro cameras.

FWIW, I just added 3 UVC-G3-Pro cameras and a G3-Flex, and I absolutely love them.

However, I've never bothered with cameras before, so i have nothing to compare them to!

S.

I love the cameras. Mine are all G3's mix of dome, bullet and flex and one G4 bullet. I had the cloud key gen 2, great product, but recently upgraded to their UDM Pro which has the NVR built in.

I've used numerous cameras over the years and Ubiquiti are the best so far.