Any of these devices supported?

I just got my Hubitat yesterday and already have all my Wink devices (mainly Sengled bulbs) working in Hubitat! I also had some morning and evening routines that went away with Stringify and made rules for them, plus have everything working with Alexa so it's been a good start! So far really like how fast Hubitat is even when using with Alexa.

I'm a software architect so looking forward to digging in and learning more. Are any of these devices supported, and if so, what would be a good starting point for each?

1. Ring cameras and Ring security system (mainly door sensors)
  2. MagicLight WiFi RGB lights (uses MagicLight WF app in iOS)
  3. Etekcity smart plugs (uses VeSync app in iOS)

All the above has Alexa support but I would like to natively use them in Hubitat if possible.

This is the official list

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

You're going to hit some hurdles with Ring

The others I don't know about, sorry, but the list above would be a good starting point

1 Like

This works for me.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!

Ring devices are not natively supported. However, there are a few workarounds. Ring and Hubitat both have IFTTT channels, and some people use that as a workaround. If you have Alexa, you could use similar workarounds with that instead. Someone here was also working on an app that would get some parts of Ring into Hubitat directly, but I'm not sure if it included contact sensors, and it's super-unofficial and subject to break at any time. [EDIT: This has been linked to above by another poster.] The "official" cloud integrations are probably going to be the safest, long-term bet, but there isn't a very direct path to setting them up. I wouldn't make that the first thing you try. (If you want sensors that work natively with Hubitat, most Zigbee and Z-Wave sensors will easily pair directly to Hubitat and cause a lot less trouble in the long run, but I understand you might already be using some on a Ring system, want to keep them there, and not have two on each door.)

MagicLight is not officially supported, either. However, someone has a written a community integration for them: [Release] Magic Home Wifi Devices - 0.89

The Etekcity smart plugs appear to be the same. Again, if you have it on Alexa or another cloud service Hubitat can also integrate with, you can create some automation to "sync" a virtual devce in Hubitat with the "real" device via one of those platforms. (Again, you'd have much better luck with a local, natively supported outlet like nearly any Zigbee or Z-Wave smart plug.) Some of these Wi-Fi devices can be flashed with Tasmota and controlled locally via Hubitat over Wi-Fi (still not officially; requires third-party code), but I'm not sure this is one of them.

Yup! :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any questions about the integration.

Wow - four responses within 15 minutes! I don't think Wink could turn on four lights in that time!

Thanks for the responses and think I'll start with the MagicLight bulbs first. I have a mix of lights plus one strip controller so it should be fun.

Will do!

3 Likes

While there are solution to force these to be operated by Hubitat, they are not full integrations. For the price you paid for them, I would recommend just replacing them with devices that fully integrate with Hubitat. These plugs can be useful for things you wouldn't want to do from within Hubitat. For example, you can plug the Hubitat power supply into one. That way, you can force power-cycle Hubitat remotely if you have to. Using a plug that is only controllable from Hubitat would not work for this purpose by these outlets would be perfect for that purpose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.